CHAPTER 14

When I was playing basketball in the park with my friends, I saw a beautiful small girl who was running with her small legs. I smiled seeing that sight. But as she came near I could see the tears flowing down her face. 

So I run towards her worried. She runs into my arms and hugs me. And I find myself hugging her back. She cried so much that my shirt got drenched. I did not care about it. I was worried about the girl in my arms. Then I understood that I care about her. No one can make her cry like this other than me. I pull her and make her sit on the bench. I wiped her tears. She looked at me with tears filled to the brim.

"What happened Alexis? Why are you crying?"

She was just 4 years old. She had a cute nose which was like a button. It had turned red because of crying.

She looked at me wiping away her tears.

"I fell down slide. Blake pushed." she said wiping her nose.

"Blake pushed you?" She nodded.

"Did you get hurt?" 

"Yeah" and she signaled towards the wound she got. 

It was bleeding. How did I not see that?

I quickly ran towards my bag and bought water and washed it and tied my handkerchief over it. 

"Don't worry it will get healed."

"Kay. Thank you. "

"Can we be friends?" I blurted out.

She kept her hand on her chin like she was thinking and extended her hand to me.

"Okay." We shook our hands and I told her to sit there until I come back to get her.

 After that she told me that I'm her hero.

After 15 minutes I came back to where she was sitting and took her home with me.

That girl now has grown to become the most beautiful, strong and confident girl who doesn't need a hero to protect her. Because she can do it all by herself.

Happy 17 Al. Though we fight I love you. I will be with you supporting you, fighting with you, fighting for you, I will always be there for you. For my best friend.

Love, Adrian.

I turned the pages and saw pictures of us. 

Our childhood. 

Some I've seen and some I haven't. There were pictures of him pulling my hair , me biting his arm and him shouting, one where we were playing with the fallen leaves, at the beach. But one picture caught my eyes.

It was Adrian giving me a rose and me reaching out to take it. I don't remember who took the picture and when did this even happen. 

The picture wasn't glued to the book. It had something at the back. 

Another letter.

Do you remember this? I gave you the rose and you told me that you will not take because of you accept it we will become a couple and I told you that had I given you a red rose it would be true. But since its white it is a sign of friendship and that's when you took it. You were so cute back then. Now you are so annoying.

Another letter. Oh my, how many?

I could not complete it because I had to apologize to you in some way. I would have given this to by myself but you told me not to come to your room. So I sent it through sandy. Please forgive me. I will never repeat it.

I felt something wet on my face and a drop fell on the letter too. That's when I realized I was crying.