CHAPTER 31

A cheat is a cheat. Hindi magbabago yon.

Cara's POV

"And now let's welcome our King of Engineers, the only Summa Cum Laude of this batch, Dion Ysmael Alferez."

Agad tumayo si Dion at naglakad patungong stage.

"Distinguish guests, Heads of the LPU-Laguna Campus, Engineering Department, Parents, Co-graduates, Visitors, good morning. Before I talk about my speech I have ahm a story to tell. There was a boy who experienced bullying because he cannot read, write or even understand what he was writing and reading. Instead of writing a single word properly, he usually wrote words reversely. He cried every day because he felt that he was so dumb. He can't even read letter A and write number 1 perfectly. He kept on telling himself that he was useless and worthless. But the truth was, there was something in him that made him unique. He knew how to paint amazing images."

"Every child is Special?" May nagtanong sa likod.

"Yes." sagot ni Dion.

Nagsimula nang mag-ingay kasi sino nga bang hindi nakapanood ng pelikulang 'yon?

"But you know guys, this story I am telling to all of you is based on a real life story of the boy standing in front of you."

Agad nanlaki ang mga mata ng mga taong sa sinabi nya. Oo nga pala sinabi na nya pala 'yon sa akin before.

"Yes, you heard it right. I am the boy in my story. I have dyslexia when I was a kid. It took 2 years for me to learn the basic learnings of a normal child, but look at me now. It seems like I didn't suffer and experience everything." Ngumiti sya.

"I can still remember the first day I entered in this campus. The environment is very different from my past schools. Because of my experiences before I don't usually talk to other people. I was not the kind of student who wants to mingle with others. It's fine for me to learn by myself, I'm used to it. But, college is different. Here, you can meet different kinds of students who have different backgrounds, struggles, and stories. It is really true that introvert people don't make friends, extroverts just simply adopt them. I found my second family here. They happened to be my first group mates when we were 1st year. You know who you are, thank you so much for making my college life very memorable, and also, thank you for teaching me how to socialize." Bahagya syang natawa.

Alam kong kami ang tinutukoy nya. Nagpapasalamat din kami sa mga sagot na itinulong mo haha.

"To all the graduates, thank you for all the fun, and for all the memories that we have shared. I promise to cherish them forever."

"To all the parents who are here just to witness this unforgettable day of our lives, thank you. Thank you for being there when we need motivations to keep our fire burning. Thank you for supporting us in reaching our dreams. Without you, our parents, we cannot reach this far." tumingin sya kay Tito Luisetto.

"To all our Professors who believe in us that we can turn our dreams into reality, thank you. Thank you for all the lessons that we've learned. Not just ahm the lessons from our different courses, but also the life lessons that you taught us. Thank you for helping us to have more confidence, and preparing us for the real battle." Tinignan nya ang mga Prof namin na nasa likod nya lang nakaupo.

"To the girl I admire, thank you for inspiring me, always." ngumiti sya.

Agad nagbulong-bulong ang mga kapwa ko graduates. Baka si Amanda.

"And of course, to our Almighty God, thank you for the roller coaster ride. Thank you for making impossible things into possible. Thank you for all the guidance and help. Thank you for everything. And of course thank you because we already found my long lost twin brother, Kha-el." Ngumiti sya.