Prepare

Mid morning the next day, you were with Gobber, sharpening some swords before starting on another saddle request. You hit the sword a final time before putting it into the barrel of cold water, you loved the sound of the hot iron hissing as it contacted the water, something about it was rather satisfying. Looking up, you notice Hiccup walking by with a fellow villager, whom was talking away, probably some boring stuff, judging by Hiccups face, he wasn't really listening. You see him nodding but probably only half paying attention, they stop and continue talking. Hiccup turns his gaze towards you, his lips turning up into a smirk, your cheeks flush as you look away quickly, you swear you could hear him laughing. You were so adorable to him.
"What's up with you?" Gobber suddenly asks, you jump "nothing." Gobber folds his arms, eyeing you suspiciously, your eyes dart back to Hiccup and he's still watching you, smile still plastered on his face, Gobber follows your gaze, making Hiccup quickly look away and turn his attention back to the villager who was still yapping away.
Gobber shakes his head "you two are something else." He takes the sword out of the water, examining it "ay, good job. Looks good!" You beam at his words "good to see lover boy isn't distracting you." He chuckles "lets get the materials ready for the saddle."

You sit at the table with the gang, huffing loudly as you do so, Snotlout gives you a questioning look "Gobber keeping you busy?" He asks, you nod "so much to do. So many saddles." He laughs at your comment, you notice Ruffnut was still giving you that look. You glare at her to which she winks. There was no way you would let any them ever find out about last night.
Not long later Hiccup sits beside you, everyone chats between each other, it was nice to finally not feel any tension within the group. You push your plate away and sigh, definitely eaten too much "Chief Hiccup?" A voice says, you all look up to see one of Hiccups court men "I need to speak to you, it's urgent." Hiccup nods "sorry guys, I'll catch up with you all later." he kisses your cheek quickly before standing and following the concerned looking man "wonder what that's about." Astrid says.

"Are you positive?" Hiccup asks, him, Valka and a few men were gathered round a table, one of the men nods "we've received multiple warnings from Gipper's men." Hiccup looks down at the map laid out in front of them "how long do we have?" "A day...maybe a day and a half." Hiccup let's out a long sigh "alright, we need to gather riders, try and stop Gipper in his tracks. But to be safe, everyone will evacuate equally to the great hall or main stables within the next few hours." everyone chats in agreement "any other suggestions?" Hiccup asks, he needed a bit of encouragement, he looks at Valka who nods "I agree. While the plan is to try and prevent Gipper from reaching Berk, the village people and dragons should also be protected just in case."
After discussing the rest of the plan, Hiccup heads over to Gobber's shop, you were carefully cutting some fabric, tongue sticking out in concentration "Hiccup, What brings ya here?" Gobber asks, ruffling the young chiefs hair "Gobber, I need you to help spread word. Everyone is to pack up some belongings and locate to either the great hall or main stables by night fall." Hiccup says, you stop cutting, looking at him with confusion "why?" Hiccup rests a hand on Gobbers shoulder "Gipper."
Gobber's eyes widen "right, no more questions! (Y/n) gather all the weapons and place them outside before I lock this shop up!" He instructs, still confused you just stand there "(y/n)" Hiccup takes your hand "I'll explain soon, I promise. Just help Gobber then make sure you get yourself, Mystique and Toothless to the stable." You nod uncertainly, he squeezes your hand before turning and running out the door.

By nightfall the whole village was split between the main stables and the great hall along with their dragons, you went to the stables, along with the gang, Toothless and Mystique were glued to your side, the uncertainty and panic making them nervous.
"Alright gang, are you ready?" Hiccup asks, adjusting his armour "it's dark out, Hiccup. We should wait until daylight at least so" Astrid begins but gets cut off "no, we don't have the time! The longer we wait, the closer Gipper gets." You all look at eachother "but flying at night gives us no hope in finding him." Fishlegs explains "as soon as the sun rises in the morning, we will go." Everyone nods in agreement accept for Hiccup, who looks out to the door which was about to close "they're right, Hiccup. It's just a few hours." Valka says, Hiccup sighs loudly and puts his helmet on the floor "alright, we leave at sunrise."