One

Hello! As you know, this book contains DyrrothxRuby sooooo if you dislike this ship please find another book :)

I wanna say sorry in advance because English is not my first language. I am really sorry for broken English and bad grammar, so please bear with it if you see my mistakes ;-;

Enjoy!

×××

Past

It's a peaceful evening where people in the kingdom- The Moniyan Empire spend their time playing with their children, family and friends. But, there is a petite girl who's still a child, play by herself in the Dark Forest- which is placed far away from the palace.

At the moment, she currently catching a butterfly which caught her attention from its beauty. She wears a cute dress with a red hood that makes her look like The Red Riding Hood from the tale. The name Ruby- who lives with her grandparents since her parents died tragically when she was still an infant.

"I will catch you, butterfly! Don't fly away!"

She said as she runs towards the butterfly direction. Sadly, she lost track of the butterfly and sighs.

"Ah! I lost it!"

The girl sits down on the ground and leans on a huge tree. She catches her breath as she decides to take a rest. The girl looks around the forest- enjoy the scenery. She always plays by herself in the forest since she has no friends. It's because most of the children mock her that she doesn't have parents. It actually hurts her yet she always put a smile on her face.

Deep down in her heart, she really wants a friend to play with. She has been lonely as a child.

Without her realisation, she closes her eyes as she takes a nap under the big tree that protects her from the sunlight. She feels really comfortable even though she's in the forest.

She looks peaceful when she's asleep and suddenly a boy- who was around her age approaches her slowly. To his surprise, a beautiful butterfly lay on her nose right after he found her. He looks at the butterfly closely and looks at its pattern on its wings- it's mesmerising. The butterfly slowly flies away from the girl's nose. The boy, turn his attention back to the girl.

"Is she dead?" The boy stare at her face with a questioned look on his face.

The boy- who wanders around the forest by himself actually comes from royal blood. He is Prince Aurelius, the second child and the only son.

He looks around the forest- to find if there's anyone near them. But there's none.

"How do I know if she's alive?"

He slowly moves his hands and slowly pokes her cheeks. She didn't give any reaction.

"It's soft!"

He pokes her cheeks again and again. He can't resist the soft cheeks that caught his attention.

The girl slowly move. The boy immediately stops poking her cheeks as he stares at her face.

Ruby slowly opens her eyes as she feels something bothering her, especially on her cheeks. She's shocked as she saw a boy who stares at her with a smile on his face.

"You're alive!" he said as their eyes meet each other.

"W-who are you?" she asked as she looks straight at his face. Deep down in her heart, she's hoping that he could be her friend and they could play together in the forest.

"I am Prince Aurelius, nice to meet you! uh--? I am sorry for playing with your cheeks it's so soft and it can't be helped. It feels like marshmallow and I feel like to bite it" he said as he stuttered while looking at his feet.

"Ruby, my name is Ruby. It's okay I don't really care, but don't eat it!" she said as she moves both of her hands on her cheeks- protecting it. Then something abruptly hits her.

"W-wait. Prince you say?!" she said.

"Uh- yeah! I'm Prince Aurelius. Nice to meet you Ruby" He said.

Ruby was shocked by the fact that she met a Prince. Ruby- who's still a child know nothing about the kingdom but she has the knowledge about the title he used- which is Prince.

"It's an honour to meet you Prince Aurelius" She said as she bows. He laughs while witnessing her behaviour. Ruby slowly looks at him with a questioning look on her face.

"Don't be like that. I hate it when people did that, I'm still a child. Come on, we can be friends or even more than that!" he said.

"Uh, okay then- Wait we can be friends?!" said Ruby as excitement fills her quickly.

"Of course-"

To his shock- Ruby suddenly hugs him and spins around.

"Whoa stop" he said as he feels the dizziness start to hit him.

Ruby finally stops and releases him. She jumps with excitement and joy fill her emotion. She never feels happy like this in her entire life.

"Finally I have a friend! It's nice to meet you Prince Aurelius" she said.

"You're my first friend Ruby" he said- stating the truth.

"Oh really?! me too! you're my first friend, let's play? I can show you the forest!" she said as she hold both his hand while grinning widely.

"Uh, sure. It's the first time I visit this forest, I don't know much about this place, show me everything you know about this forest!" he said. He let her hold his hand as he doesn't want to spoil her mood in the evening- she does look so happy in his eyes.

"Oh wait wait, isn't the palace are far away? It's must be dangerous for you to come here" asked Ruby with a questioned face.

"Ah, I went here with the royal warriors. They come here to search for resources. I was bored so here I am. Don't worry I already got the permission" he said with a grin.

"Ah I see, let's go!" said Ruby as she pulls one of his hands and run through the forest.

"Wh-Whoa slows down" he said as he follows her.

Every week, he will find her in the forest and they will play together. Ruby is so glad because Prince Aurelius didn't mock her about her parents and her family status.

Their bonds become stronger each day as they slowly know each other better and understand one's feelings. The prince did invite her to the palace. The royal family welcomed her as they knew Ruby was the person who play with the Prince all of the time. They also treat Ruby like their family.

The time passed as they grew teenagers until they have fully grown up, they will still meet each other every week. A lot of moments they build together from their first met until the present time. At the same time, the feelings and the emotion that they keep in their heart is evolving each day. The two of them somehow, have certain feelings for one another.

And that's how the story between the two of them started.

×××

I'll be updating the book almost daily... and I actually meant it