chapter twelve

Rose

     The feeling of going on adventure is amazing. It's a high I'd never experienced before, as all my past 'adventures' hadn't been pleasant. The thestrals flew to heights unknown, yet it didn't feel dangerous.

     Wait until I tell my gran about this.

     The cool breeze blew on my face as Harry explained to me what he had saw - how Voldemort was torturing Sirius Black. But I knew better, there was a huge possibility that the dark lord is entering Harry's mind and setting up a trap.

     "Harry, are you absolutely sure that this isn't some sort of misunderstanding? That this might not be a trap?" I asked.

     "There's a chance that it may not be real, but what if it is? I can't let Sirius just die."

     We arrived at the department of mysteries and the 7 of us followed Harry, turning whenever he did. We stopped in front of a door. "This is it. This is the door I've been seeing in every dream," he said.

     He opened the door and we entered into a room full of prophecies. Blue, crystal balls were found all over the room. Neville pointed out a specific one and said, "Harry, this one has your name on it."

     Harry walked over to the prophecy. 

     "Be careful," I called out, not wanting him to do anything he would regret later.

     He held it in his hands. Nothing whatsoever happened. We all moved in closer and around Harry, gazing at the orb as he brushed it free of the clogging dust. 

     And then, from right behind us, a drawling voice spoke. 

     "Very good, Potter. Now turn around, nice and slowly, and give that to me."

     Black shapes began emerging out of thin air all around us, blocking our way. I heard Ginny give a gasp of horror, but it was nothing compared to the terror and thoughts going on inside my head.

     Death eaters.

     "To me, Potter," repeated the voice of whom I thought was Lucius Malfoy. The hair and the eyes were of the Malfoy trademark. We were trapped, outnumbered.

     "To me," said Lucius yet again.

     "Where's Sirius?" Harry said.

     Several of the Death Eaters laughed; a harsh female voice from the midst of the shadowy figures to Harry's left said triumphantly, "The Dark Lord always knows!"

     "Always," echoed Lucius Malfoy. "Now, give me the prophecy, Potter."

     "I want to know where Sirius is!"

     "I want to know where Sirius is!" mimicked the woman. She stepped into the light of the crystal orb and her features were more visible. I tried to remain calm, but it was hard as I realized that it was Bellatrix Lestrange.

     "You've got him. He's here. I know he is," said Harry.

     "The little baby woke up fwightened and fort what it dweamed was twoo." said Bellatrix in a horrible, mock baby voice. I moved slightly, readying myself for anything that was to come.     

     "Don't do anything," Harry muttered. "Not yet -"

     "You hear him? Giving instructions to the other children as though he thinks of fighting us!"

     "Oh, you don't know Potter as I do, Bella," said Malfoy softly. "He has a soft spot for the heroics." He gave a vicious and cruel smile. "Now give me the prophecy, Potter."