chapter fifty-one

A/N: hey guys! the next couple of chapters might be uploaded every other day because, as you all know now that they're going to hogwarts, the war's going to start. i want to make the war chapters really interesting and long, you know? it'll take a bit more time for that, though.

Rose

     We were packing our things and getting ready to go. I was finally going home.

     Hogwarts wasn't really home now, though, was it?

     "He knows," Harry said while panting. "You-Know-Who. He knows we broke into Gringotts, he knows what we took, he knows we're hunting Horcruxes, and he knows Rose is officially no longer loyal to him."

     "How is it you know?" Hermione desperately said.

     "I saw him."

     "You let him in?" Clara said, disbelievingly. "Harry, you can't do that," Hermione and Clara simultaneously said.

     "Is it just me or is that beginning to spook you, too?" Ron turned to me and asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

     "I can't always help it! Well, maybe I can, I don't know," Harry defended.

     "Never mind, what happened?" I asked, wrenching out the water from my clothes.

     "Well, he's angry. And scared, too. He knows if we find and destroy all the Horcruxes, we'll be able to kill him. I reckon he'll stop at nothing to make sure we don't find the rest. There's more. One of them's at Hogwarts."

     "What?" Hermione exasperatedly questioned. I shot a look at Harry. "You're telling her this now?"

     "I saw the castle and Rowena Ravenclaw. It has something to do with her. We have to go there, now!"

     "We can't do that! We've got to plan, we've got to figure it out!"

     "Hermione, when have any of our plans actually worked?" I snapped at her. "We plan, we get there, all hell breaks loose."

     "She's right," Ron agreed. 

     "One problem," I said while looked down at my hands, the ring almost slipping off my finger. "Snape's headmaster now. We can't just walk through the front door. I can't help, I'm afraid - they've got everyone looking for me, too."

     "We'll go to Hogsmead. To Honeydukes," Harry thought.

     "I don't think now's the best time for candy, Potter," Clara scoffed, crossing her arms against her chest.

     "There's a secret passage in the cellar, Clara. It leads straight into Hogwarts." Harry paused and put on a different shirt. "There's something wrong with him. It's like, in the past, I've always been able to follow his thoughts. And now, everything just feels disconnected."

     "Maybe it's the Horcruxes. Maybe he's growing weaker - maybe he's dying, Harry," Ron said.

     "No. No, it's more like he's wounded. If anything, he feels more dangerous."

+++

     As soon as we apparated into Hogsmead, an alarm went off. People began shouting, and the five of us ducked into a nearby shop that was closed down.

     "Search everywhere!" someone shouted. I hid under a table, but the people who were searching for us entered into the place we were in. I stayed silent, trying my best to keep my breathing as shallow as possible. If they heard us... 

     The alarm went off again and they left as I let out a deep breath. "Potter!" One of the two men yelled, stomping aggressively out. Clara was shaking, her wand moving rapidly in her hand. "That was close," she breathed.