chapter fifty-nine

A/N: i may or may not have merged some chapters together while planning so i only have 4 chapters left after this one until this story is over

I'M GONNA MISS WRITING SO MUCH ILY

Rose

10 months before the wedding, 2 months after the war.

     The month of July came quickly with the summer days upon us, days being spent in comfort after the war which continues to take its toll on our lives and sleep. My aunt and I repaired or house, and the two of us were living together again as if nothing had happened over the course of the past two years. It came as a shock, really, when Draco Malfoy had come over and woke up with screams, even shouting in fear before I shook his shoulders letting him know I was right beside him.

     This particularly sunny morning, though, the Malfoy family was scheduled for a trial. The ministry wanted to make sure that they were not still loyal to Voldemort. I think this is one of the only times Draco has ever truly hated the attention.

     "Draco, love, don't worry. Just keep your head up and ignore everybody. You and I both know the truth, and if the rest of the wizarding population can't understand that, it's on them. You are not a bad person."

     Draco took a deep breath in and out, trying his best to calm himself before entering the Ministry. "Rose, what if something happens? What if I mess up and say something wrong?"

     "You won't," I said. "Besides, even if you do, I am pretty sure that Harry Potter will come to your rescue. The Ministry has a soft spot for him."

     "My parents, though, what about them? I'm not so sure the ministry will be as forgiving for them."

     "I guess we can only hope for the best. Don't stress about it, you're going to be okay."

     And though we had prayed for peace before this trial, it was the last thing we received with the reporters swarming us as soon as we stepped out of the fireplace. We were met with his family at the front gates. Lucius nodded stiffly at me, acknowledging my presence but not enough to actually speak with me. Narcissa embraced me a hug and I patted her on the back."Good luck."

     "This is a joke!" Blaise exclaimed, reading the list of the court trials of today. "The Malfoys are being held between the Carrow and Yaxley cases! They're doing that as if you three are just as bad as them."

     "Blaise, you're not helping," I told him.

     He rolled his eyes. "Someone needs to take over the role of Minister - someone other than Kingsley."

     "Aren't they starting the interviews for Minister, soon? If you want it, go for it."

     He gave it some thought, then proudly smirked. "You know, I think I'll do just that."

     One by one, people began entering into the elevator that Draco, Lucius, Narcissa, Blaise, and I were stationed in. First, it was Harry. Then, Ron, and finally, Hermione.

     Harry had a bright smile on his face and was wearing a suit similar to Draco's. "It is a beautiful day, don't you think?" He fixed his tie and looked in Draco and I's direction. "I'll be here, mate, don't worry." The courtroom was not as packed as I had expected it to be, but it was still rather full. Draco squeezed my hand before heading to the chair in the centre of the court, along with his parents.

     The voice of Kingsley Shacklebolt broke the silence. "Disciplinary hearing of the seventh of July, into offences committed under the Decree for the Prosecution for Wizarding cruelty by Draco Lucius Malfoy, Narcissa Malfoy nee black, and Lucius Malfoy, residences at Malfoy Manor in Wiltshire. Witness for the defence: Rosalind Esparay, Blaise Zabini, Harry James Potter, Ronald Bilius Weasley, and Hermione Jean Granger. Ms Granger, please rise and tell us who you are here to defend."