Chapter 4

Clio sat in front of my tent, muttering words in Latin as she tried to teach me an ancient protection spell.

"Salva me ex antiquissimis mali praesentis leti." The air around Clio turned a murky color and it almost looked as if water encased her in a tank.

"I've tried so many times, Clio! I need a break! Please!" I complained. Clio sighed.

"Fine, I'll give you ten minutes."

"Thank you." I breathed. Clio nodded and walked away. Two days ago I had been banished from my home, the palace, by my own sister. She hated me and the majori tribe took me in, and thank the goddesses for that because they knew so many ancient spells. I needed that. And with me being a powerful fae princess, I could cast any spell.

Ten minutes went by with me thinking how my life took a turn for the worse. Clio showed up and shook me out of my thoughts.

"Time to get a move on, let's go!"

"Fine."

"Repeat after me. Salva me ex antiquissimis mali praesentis leti."

"Salva me ex antiquissimis mali praesentis leti." I tried over five times before I even got a speck of the murky water like substance. When I finally got it, I jumped up and down for joy. Clio just watched me with a poker face.

"You done?" She asked.

"Yes."

"Good, let's try another."

"Statim finis meam incolumem custodiat me vivere." Clio's body turned a soft blue color and suddenly had a shield around it. I touched it only to feel an electric shock race through my body.

"Eeeeek!" I squeaked, jumping away from Clio. 

"Now you know the effects of that, how about you try it?"

"Statim finis meam incolumem custodiat me vivere." Took me two tries to get this on right, but after the second time, my body turned a light lavender color and soon, I had a shield around me. Clio put a pair of blue gloves on and touched the shield, nodding in approval when she felt a shock.

"Good job, you're learning this fairly quickly." She said.

"I guess I am."

"One more for today." She said.

"Ok."

"Finis principalis est mihi in salutem meque pro." The air around Clio turned a deadly green and soon, a tornado was surrounding her.

"Wow! That is cool!" I commented.

"It is, now you try."

****************************************************************************************************************
After a long day of trying out ancient protection spells with Clio, I was exhausted. I collapsed onto the sleeping bag in my tent and shut my eyes.

"How I hope I am safe here," I whispered to myself before succumbing to sleep.

****************************************************************************************************************

Vivian stood in front of me, smiling evilly.

"Dear sister, how naive you are, thinking I'd let you live. How I long to kill you now, but it isn't that time yet. Soon though."