Chapter 15

It was an hour later when Kayden opened his eyes. My shoulders sagged as I rested my back against the tree stump behind me.

"Damn it, Kayden! Don't ever do that again!" I shouted at my brother.

"Sorry." He muttered.

He still seemed extremely weak from his passing out, but he seemed ok enough to head back.

"Do you want to rest for a bit or make our way back?" I decided he should have last call. If he looked strong but felt weak, it wouldn't be good.

"I'm fine. Let's go."

****************************************************************************************************************

The trek down the mountain wasn't nearly as exhilarating as the trek up, but it still drained me of my energy. My legs were sore from all the moving and my thighs felt as if they'd been punched. I was literally ready to collapse on my bed. When we reached the bottom, a portal was waiting for us. It's shimmering blue and purple mix brightened the darkening trees around us, and I jumped in.

The portal spit us out right next to palace. The giant castle loomed over me like an overwhelming presence, looking into my very soul. It freaked me out, but I needed to get the black nightshade to Wisteria. Looking around, I noticed her standing in front of the gates. She had a frown on her face as she looked around. Her eyes lit up as she saw me with the flower.

"Thank the goddess you're back! Violet's been so clingy to Cornelius! And he's been so not himself!" Wisteria ran to me, holding her hand out. I placed the black nightshade in her palm.

Wisteria took off in a sprint, and I followed her. She kicked the door open and ran through the corridor. I followed her all the way to an infirmary.

"Queen Wisteria! Did you get it?" A woman sat at a white desk. Her brown hair and sun kissed skin shined in the light and her dark eyes looked at the flower.

"Black nightshade." She whispered with an awe struck voice.

"Yes. Can you please make the antidote, Cerise?" Wisteria begged.

The woman who must be Cerise nodded and took the flower from Wisteria. She walked over to a table with a bunch of weird liquids on it. She grabbed a pair of glasses and sat at a chair, slowly picking pieces of the beautiful petals off of the black nightshade.

"Hadrine." Cerise said, holding her hand out.

Wisteria grabbed a white, clear looking liquid and handed it to Cerise, who dumped it into a large bowl. She put three of the petal pieces in after it.

"Snudian." Wisteria grabbed a blue, murky vial of liquid and handed it to Cerise, who opened the cap and poured it into the bowl, along with three more small pieces of the black nightshade. The bowl started to glow a very faint gold color.

"Skianx." Wisteria grabbed a purple liquid vial and handed it to cerise.

"Seslat." Wisteria handed Cerise a pink liquid vial and she mixed the Skianx and Seslat together then dumped them in the bowl. The contacts inside the bowl started to glow a bright gold and Cerise sprinkled something leafy in it.

"Laskor." Wisteria told me.

Laskor is a very rare seed that comes off of trees. It's often used in potions and healing items.

Finally, the bowl was a complete gold like substance. Cerise poured some of the gold stuff into a cup and added a little more Laskor before mixing it. She then grabbed a vial labeled Kakstor. Kakstor is a very rare element used in healing.

"All done!" Cerise said, handing the cup to Wisteria, who bolted out of the room. I followed her without hesitation, knowing she was going to bring the cup to Cornelius.

"Wait up, Wisteria!" I yelled after her.

"Well hurry up! I need to get Cornelius out of that disgusting bitch's clutches!" I stifled a laugh at her language.

I caught up to her a minute later, and we both sprinted down the corridor to Cornelius's bedroom. Wisteria didn't bother to knock, but we were greeted with the sight of Violet sitting on Cornelius's lap and playing with his hair.

"Violet, I Have matters to discuss with my son. Alone." Wisteria said.

"Whatever." Violet said, getting off of Cornelius's lap and walking out the door. She glared at me before hitting my shoulder with hers.

"What is the meaning of this mother?" Cornelius asked, looking us both up and down.

"You must drink this." Wisteria said, handing him the cup.

Cornelius frowned as he took it.

"What is it?"

"Something that will help you." Wisteria said vaguely.

Cornelius shrugged and chugged the cup. The sound of him swallowing filled the echoey room.

When he finished, his eyes shut and he fell asleep.