Chapter 8

The portal spit us out and I looked to see a gigantic castle standing in front of me. The shimmering blue walls looked almost menacing, but if Cornelius took me here, I trusted him. I even felt a little more than friendship towards him, but I didn't know how he felt, and I only knew him for a little while.

"Welcome to my castle." Cornelius whispered to me. I smiled up at him.

"Thank you." I told him.

He bowed.

"Don't do that, you know I hate formalities!" I playfully smacked him.

"Ouch!" He said, holding his arm. He was smiling though, so I knew he wasn't actually hurt.

"Would you two focus? We need to go explain to the king our situation." Marcus said, scowling.

"Geez, calm down dude." Cornelius sighed, clearly exasperated.

"Let's go."

Cornelius took my hand and led me inside. The interior of the castle was beautiful. Chandeliers hung all around the edges and the floor appeared to be made of real gold.

"Holy shit." I breathed.

"Beautiful, huh?" Cornelius asked. I nodded.

"Cornelius! My dear! Welcome home!" A feminine voice said from next to me. I turned around to find a beautiful woman staring at Cornelius happily. The woman had beautiful long black hair and pale skin like Cornelius. Her eyes looked like an ocean of colors. Her smile unwavering.

"Hello mother."

"Oh! My dear!"

Cornelius let go of my hand to hug his mother, who smiled at us.

"And you are?" She asked, looking at me.

"Titania of the light fae." I told her honestly.

"Oh! I heard about your sister taking the throne and how she treated you. Welcome to my castle, I'm queen Wisteria, but you may call me Teria."

I smiled at her. Wisteria then went to introduce herself to my siblings as Cornelius stood there. I walked over to him.

"Hey." I said stupidly. He smirked.

"Hey."

I sighed.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I don't know, something just feels off."

"Like what?"

"I don't know. I just have this feeling something bad is going to happen."

Cornelius frowned, rubbing his forehead in a thinking mode.

"We should go see Mirella."

"Mirella? As in the one that Henry was talking about?"

He nodded.

"Yes, Mirella is a seer. She can see the future and all that comes with it. And yes, Mirella is Henry Dark's girlfriend, but she's really a lesbian. She and Karen Clove are involved with each other. But anyway, she can help us."

"Sounds good. When will we go?"

"This evening."

I nodded, smiling at him.

"Cornelius!" A girl's shrill squeal echoed through the halls. Cornelius groaned, annoyance moving across his face.

"Violet." He forced a smile but it didn't reach his eyes.