Chapter 45

It was a day or two before we reached the castle again and I felt exhausted. My feet felt as if I stepped on a pointy rock barefoot. So you can imagine when the castle came into view, I practically sagged in relief.

"We're here!" Ofelia sang, laughing. I couldn't help but crack a small smile at her. She always knew how to light up a party. Literally. I grabbed Ofelia's hand and slipped into the entrance. Even though I was tired, excitement trumped the fatigue. The boys groaned as if they were in pain as we skipped, giggling at them. Kayden always rolled his eyes when me and Ofelia were like this. He always called it 'too girly', but we enjoyed it. I honestly thought it wasn't too girly, just something we can do when we're happy or feeling giddy.

"No need to be such a party pooper!" Ofelia whined at the boys, who once again groaned. They were such party poopers.

****************************************************************************************************************

When we arrived inside, whispers from the court ladies filled my ears. A girl with blonde hair and pink highlights stepped up to us and she smiled widely.

"Hi! I'm Lyra, just thought I should introduce myself. I'm Luna of the blue moon pack, mate to Alpha Hayden." She stuck her hand out to me, and I took it with a smile of my own. I'd heard of the blue moon pack, they were very laid back and easy going. But, why was their Luna here?

"I'm Titania, but, why are you here? I don't mean to sound rude!" Lyra smiled at me.

"Vivian attacked our home, and queen Wisteria offered us to stay here until we can find a new place to set up our pack." She answered sort of sadly.

"That's terrible!" Ofelia said suddenly, startling Lyra. Ofelia frowned, forgetting she didn't introduce herself.

"I'm Ofelia, a faery of the light court, that black haired dude is prince Cornelius of the dark faeries, and the blonde dude is Kayden, prince of the light faeries."

Lyra smiled and re-introduced herself to my friends. After introducing everyone, Lyra said she should be going back to Hayden, who'd probably send hounds out to find her if she isn't back within a given time. I don't know how she stands that. Suddenly, I wasn't feeling so tired, but I knew I would be after telling everyone what happened in that cave.

Ofelia led the way to a conference room. When she opened the door, plain blue walls and blue chairs met my eyes. It was a nice room, but I would've preferred purple. Ofelia lugged me around to the edge of the table, where a large chair sat. I plopped down onto it and smiled at my friends, but they all held a more serious expression.

"Now, What happened in there?" Kayden asked me, looking right into my eyes. I sighed and began explaining.

"When I walked into the cave, it was dark and I had to talk to Izzalee in order to get a spell to light it up. When I was able to see, I saw snail like creatures all around the walls. And I ran through the cave, saw a room, and ran towards it. I couldn't get to it at all, it kept moving away from me. Then, all of a sudden, a pain in the back of my head pulled me into an illusion or something. Izzalee called it a test, but it felt more like reality. Valene held me in a cell with my arms chained up by pure silver, and began to try to coax me to leave the light and go to the dark side. She wanted me to join forces with her and in return, she would give me Cassie back and give me everything I ever wanted. Apparently, that was a test of purity and I passed by saying no. When I got back to my body, the room stayed still and I was able to enter it. It's known as the sword room, and all of Madison's creations were in there. In order to get to the sword of mirrors, a voice told me in order to obtain the sword of mirrors, I had to find the sword of truth. In order to get the sword of truth, I was pulled into an alternate dimension where I had face my deepest fears and desires. I was thrown into a dimension of hell, where I ran away from monsters and had the choice to either jump off of a ledge or be ripped apart by monsters. I chose the ledge. I didn't think I'd survive, but I did. When I got down there, Valene was there holding a knife to Odette's throat. I began to feel angry and Valene sliced Odette's throat open, which made me furious. I called her a sick bitch, but before I could do anything, I was pulled back into the sword room. After that, I was able to get the sword of truth and go to a door which held the sword of mirrors. The sword of truth was the key to opening that door, and I opened it to find the sword there. Before I was able to touch it, Madison's spirit appeared. She did a vision spell on me and checked to see if my intentions were pure, which they were. Madison allowed me to take the sword, and that's all that happened."

Everyone's jaw dropped to the floor. They looked at me as if in a trance for a few minutes before answering. I purposely left out the part of the sacrifice. I couldn't let them stop me from my destiny. I can just enjoy my last days with them and pretend nothing bad will happen.

The door burst open and a guard came in. He had tanned skin with dark black hair. His expression was serious.

"Your majesty, a spy has informed us Vivian and her army will be arriving here in a short few days."

"Thank you, Dante." Cornelius nodded, looking towards whom I assume to be Dante. Dante nodded and bowed, leaving the room. Cornelius looked at each of us before saying anything.

"We must train now. Sleep for very little time because knowing Valene, she'll find a way to be here tomorrow." I shivered, looking at the ground. That meant I'd only have one more day with my family.