Chapter 12

The beast stared at us with red flaming eyes and fire engulfed its entire body. It had red fur and the fire surrounding it only added a strange eerie glow.

"Flamewing." Kayden breathed, fear filling his eyes.

My own eyes widened at the sight before me.

Wings sprouted from the beast's back. They were roughly the size of a large coffee table. Flames started to fill the wings as well and soon, the entire beast was covered by its flames. Horns started to form and they were the scariest part of all. They had sharp edges and eyes in them. Tongues stuck out of a mouth on the horns and hissed. The beast roared again and the entire ground shook.

"How the hell are we going to beat this thing?" I asked Kayden.

"I have no idea, Titania! We're so dead!"

"Not if I can help it!"

Kayden's eyes filled with panic and he screamed at me to stop, but I flew out of the door, landing right at the feet of the flamewing.

"Faery food." The flamewing growled, trying to pick me up.

I jumped out of its reach before it even touched me. The flamewing growled in frustration before reaching for me again.

"Not today fatface!" I screamed, mustering up energy.

My entire body started to glow a dark shade of purple as I felt energy and power bubbling to the surface. I screamed and let it out at the flamewing in front of me. Its fiery red eyes finally eyed me with a sense of panic before the energy hit it, causing it to disappear entirely. Exhausted, I collapsed and fell unconscious.

****************************************************************************************************************

"Titania? Titania? Wake up! Damn it!" A voice cried into my eardrums, causing me to flinch.

"Be quiet!" I yelled.

"Oh thank the goddess!" Kayden cried. At least, I think it was Kayden.

I finally opened my eyes to reveal a teary eyed Kayden.

"Why are you crying?" I asked him.

"Y-you killed a flamewing.... t-then y-you c-collapsed." He stuttered.

"Well, I'm alive, aren't I?"

He smiled through his tears.

"Yes, you are. And thank the goddess for that."

"So, what exactly happened after I killed the flamewing?" I asked Kayden.

"I don't really know, to be honest. Here's what I do know though. You're more powerful than any Fae alive since Marina."

"Excuse me?"

"You're the most powerful faery alive. The magic you just unleashed? That's the kind of power Marina had."

"Well shit."

"I know."

I sighed and looked around me. The trees all looked like they were healthier than before. Almost as if my magic healed them. And there was no trace of the flamewing we had encountered.

"Wow. No flamewing evidence!" I said.

"Yeah, it just completely disappeared."

"Nice!" I said, complimenting myself.

Kayden shook his head at me, smiling.

"Ready to carry on? We should reach the top by midday today, I believe."

"Let's go!" I said, enthusiastically.