Chapter 10

Cornelius eyed me skeptically before getting back to Violet. Jealousy crept into me, but I pushed it down. Cornelius didn't like Violet this way, I knew it by the way he first reacted when she hugged him. Love spells were illegal and Violet will get in so much trouble for using one on the crown prince. Love spells were a spell cast so rarely because of the laws.

"Violet, what did you do?!" I screamed at her.

"What do you mean?" She tried for innocence.

"Love spells are illegal!"

"So?" Violet examined her nails as if she didn't have a care in the world.

"So?! You're forcing Cornelius to 'love you'! He doesn't feel the same way about you and you need to accept that!"

"I don't have to do anything you say, Titania! You are not the boss of me!"

"I'm your superior, whether you like it or not. I may be from another territory, but I still have royal blood in my veins."

Violet laughed, and anger built up inside of me.

"What's so funny?!"

"That you think you have royal status here!"

"I actually do have royal status wherever I go. And I'm going to break that love spell you put on Cornelius."

"Good luck!"

I rolled my eyes at her sarcasm and walked away. I already hated Violet with every fiber of my being. She was a real bitch. I decided that Wisteria would be my best bet. Her and the king, Orion. They would know how to get rid of a love spell. And they disliked Violet as well, so it should be easy to convince them.

I walked out in the hall, where a bunch of fae were mingling and dancing. Some held food in their hands, some held fabrics. They all greeted me and curtsied as I passed them and I smiled and greeted them back. Wisteria and Orion were most likely in the throne room, which was the large doorway coming up.

When the doorway was in front of me, I peeked in to see Wisteria and Orion sitting on their thrones, talking to their advisor, Nathan. I decided I'd go in and wait for them to be finished. I sat down towards the edge of the red rug and waited, but I couldn't help but overhear their conversation.

"Have you had any luck, Nathan?" Orion asked.

"I'm actually happy to say I have a little information on the subject you asked me to find. Vivian and Valor are king and queen of the light faery territory and Vivian is plotting something. I have inside sources at the palace and they told me she is also planning on raising a demon army to attack the dark fae. She knows Princess Titania and Prince Kayden reside here." Nathan bowed.

"Thank you for the information Nathan, you are dismissed." Wisteria said, looking at me.

"Thank you, your majesties." Nathan bowed once more before walking out of the room.

"Titania, come forward." Orion's voice boomed with authority, and I had to obey.

"How may we help you, Titania?" Wisteria looked at me, concern darkening her irises.

"Violet has cast a love spell on Cornelius. I'd like to know how to destroy her hold on him."

"That two timing bitch!" Orion suddenly shouts, causing me to jump.

"Orion, dear. Calm down, Titania will stop Violet but we must remain calm." Wisteria said gently. Orion still looked pissed, but he took a deep breath and nodded.

"The only way to break a love spell is a very special plant that resides on a mountaintop near the castle. The mountain is the flaring volcanos. A very dangerous hike, but it's the only location known to have the black nightshade." Wisteria said, eyes looking me over.