Chapter 41

I was astonished with the room that I stood in. The sides had rows and rows of pedestals that held magnificent swords. Some of the swords even had a real diamond pedestal.

The actual room wasn't too pretty. It had rusty walls and dusty floors. The entire place was ravaged by age and debris, but, the swords restored the beauty to part of it.

Welcome to the sword room, Titania. You've made it this far, but it's time for you to find the sword of mirrors.

My heart sped up and I looked around. I didn't see any sword similar to the description Azalea gave me. The closest sword to match that description wasn't anything alike, it only had one diamond in the center of the sword's hilt.

I walked around each container and pedestal holding a sword, but found no trace of the sword of mirrors. Just when I was starting to give up, a door appeared on the corner of the room. I rushed towards it only to find it was locked.

"Are you kidding me?!" I screamed at nothing.

"The only way to find the sword of mirrors is find the sword of truth, which holds the key." A voice I didn't recognize spoke. Azalea began to quietly sob in the back of my mind and I knew it must be someone she knew well. Perhaps Madison?

Azalea? Is that Madison?

Yes, that is. Well, her spirit.

My heart ached for the demon inside of me. She never wanted this fate, and here she is, possessing against her will.

I sighed and walked along the swords, unaware of how to find the sword of truth. I had no idea what it looked like nor did I know it's entire purpose. I know this cave holds all swords made by Madison and only those who are worthy can access them, but that's about it.

The sword of truth is the sword which holds all of your deepest truths and desires and turns them into a weapon, but before being able to do that, you must face your own truth.

Thanks, Azalea.

Knowing Azalea was on a memory lane trip, I decided not to bother her with anymore questions. I'd need to figure out what the sword looks like myself.

I looked through each sword, but nothing stood out. I sagged against the old, rusty walls and groaned, covering my face with my hands. I was just about to give up when Madison's spirit talked again.

"To find the sword of truth, you must look within yourself and your deepest fear shall solidify it."

I sighed and stood up, analyzing the cryptic message. Look inside myself and my deepest fear will solidly it? What the hell does that mean?! I hated doing this, but I had to ask Azalea.

What does that message really mean?

It means you must face your biggest fear to reveal the sword.

How do I do that?

I can only tell you to prepare yourself for an illusion.

Just when she said that, I was pulled into a dimension I never wanted to be in.

****************************************************************************************************************

My eyes burst open and I found gigantic flows of lava heading right towards me. I scrambled to my feet and felt my forehead, which was dripping with sweat. My entire body trembled with the heated environment I was placed in. Growls and roars sounded behind me and I ran. I ran straight towards a flow of lava and jumped over it, barely reaching the other side before the bright liquid bubbled up and touched the exact spot I was just in. My heart began to beat wildly in my chest as I continued to run away from the spot I was just in. More roars and growls were getting closer and closer and I ran faster.

By the time I ran away from the growls, more were appearing in the distance. I was drenched in sweat and felt like my head was about to explode big time. The entire area around me was a blood red color, no grass, no trees, no nothing! All red, flat grounds with lava flowing in every direction. The only option I actually had was to jump off a ginormous cliff I stood in front of, which went down over a hundred feet or so. I wouldn't survive the fall.

I felt conflicted beyond imagination. I was gonna have a gruesome fate with either choice, but I'd rather die peacefully than be mauled. I decided to jump off the cliff, despite not knowing the fate that awaits me there.

With a deep breath, I dived off the cliff and fell down into a pit of darkness. I couldn't see a thing, and I barely could hear anything. My heart beat faster and faster and I skyrocketed down deeper. This was not an ideal fate and when I finally would land, it would hurt like a bitch.

I just floated in the air, falling down deeper and deeper until my feet hit solid ground. The sight that awaited me repulsed me to no ends and I gagged.