Chapter 44

I stuck the sword's blade into the keyhole and watched in astonishment as the door began to glow a soft purple color before disappearing completely. Inside, the sword of mirrors rested on a diamond and sapphire pedestal. The sword really was beautiful. It had diamond, ruby, emerald, sapphire, and opal mixed into the hilt and the sword was indeed a shade of pink.

When I reached out to touch it, a spirit appeared. She had black curly hair and pale skin. Her eyes calculated me, but not in a menacing way. Azalea began to whimper in the back of my mind.

That's Madison!

My jaw dropped to the floor as I looked at the spirit. She smiled when she saw I came to the realization of who she was.

"I haven't had any visitors to this cave since I was alive, what brings you here?"

"Well, Valene is the main cause." I stated matter of factly.

Madison nodded as if she expected this.

"You've come to the right place, but, are your intentions really pure?" She asked, looking at me.

"They are. I've accepted the fact that I must sacrifice myself for the greater good."

Madison nodded approvingly at my choice of words and looked around the cave.

"I'm going to allow you to take the sword, but I must do a vision spell on you."

I nodded as if I expected this. A vision spell allows the faery who cast the spell to see the other faery's true intentions.

Madison muttered a few words in Latin under her breath and I felt a light tingling sensation begin in the back of my mind. It went on like that for a couple of minutes before Madison abruptly stopped. Her lip quivered and I assumed she found Azalea. Azalea crept to the surface and attempted to take over my body, which I allowed her to do.

"A-Azalea?" Madison whimpered, looking at me.

"Yes, I'm a demon now. I had to possess Titania because of the soulblade." It wasn't my voice that spoke, but what I assumed was Azalea's.

Madison had tears forming in her eyes as she looked at me.

"Oh, Azalea! I was so worried when I didn't see you come into the afterlife! I knew you survived, and I waited for a century for you, but you never came! This explains it!"

"Yes, it does." Azalea had sadness creeping into her tone. Madison still had tears welling in her eyes, but her expression took on a serious tone.

"All the more reason to get Valene's soul banished for good."

Azalea hesitantly gave me full control of my body again, understanding it is now time to get the sword and end this. Madison resumed her vision spell on me and smiled when she finished.

"It appears you have the purest intentions that one can have. I shall allow you to take the sword and be the world's savior. Good luck, princess Titania." With that last statement, Madison disappeared in a swirl of purple and blue light, leaving the sword for me to take. I reached out for it and felt the hilt. It had a powerful aura that enveloped me in a sense of comfort and hope.

You did it, Titania! I'm so proud of you!

Thanks, Azalea, but I could never have done it without you.

I grabbed the sword and gently took it off of the pedestal, weighing it down on my hands. It was a light sword, yet heavy with power. The real beauty of the sword went deeper than anyone could ever fathom.

Snapping myself out of the trance, I began to move my feet again. Now that I had the sword, I wanted to get out of this place. It was beautiful, but also gave me the chills. I mean, nature has always made me a happier faery, but some things about it creeped me out.

Nice information to know about you! Same here! Azalea mentioned.

Yeah, I love it, but it's kind of creepy sometimes.

I hate snails!

I like snails at times.

Azalea and I chatted about weird things for a few minutes before I snapped back into reality and began to rush out of the sword room. I sped through the creepy cave, but another slipping mishap occurred and made me slow down. When will I ever learn?

After another five minutes of slowly walking down the cave's path, I arrived at the entrance, where my friends waited for me. I took a deep breath and walked out of the cave.

"Titania!" Ofelia shouted, jumping out from behind a tree. She lunged for me and I barely caught her before we both fell to the ground. Ofelia hugged me so tight, I could barely breathe. Kind of a habit of hers. She laughed as someone pulled her off of me. A hand was offered to me, and I took it without hesitation. My back was no doubt covered in dirt and loose grass, but I didn't care. Arms encircled me and I relaxed into the embrace. I knew right away it was Cornelius.

"Hey." I said stupidly.

"Hey." He said. I looked up at him and saw he had a large grin on his face. He hugged me again and I melted into him.

"I'm so glad you're back." He whispered. I smiled up at him, but someone tapped his shoulder and cleared their throat. I knew immediately it was Kayden. Cornelius stepped back and Kayden came into view. He also had a large grin on his face. Kayden's arms embraced me and I smiled.

"How Long was I gone?" I asked everyone, who looked at each other.

"Around 12 hours." I gasped at that. It didn't feel like twelve hours, but then again, I was in a few illusions that could've lasted for who knows how long?

"What happened in there?" Kayden asked, looking at the cave entrance. I grimaced and closed my eyes.

"I'll tell you when we get back." Everyone nodded understandingly and we began our trek down the mountain.