16- Vices

-Emerson's POV- 

I heard soft humming along with the sound of a guitar coming from Alexia's bunk so I went to check it out. 

"Hey pumpkin, whatcha doin in there?" I asked as I slowly puled back the curtain. "Making sure this sounds right before you hear it. Silly." My daughter was writing a song. I was proud of her. 

-Alexia's POV- 

Emerson had to have heard what I was humming as he came to check on me. Thank god he didn't hear my singing. I was now finished with everything, and ready to show them. I jumped out of my bunk with my guitar and sat down next to Emerson.

"hey dad, is everyone here?" he smiled at me "Rem just got back and Vic and Kellin are on their way.Also, we just got a new photographer, so she'll be here soon as well" I smiled "What about Awsten, Otto, Geoff, Jawn, and Jenny?" "I can call the if you'd like." he suggested and I nodded. 

About 10 minutes had passed and the photographer had finally come, after everyone was already here. She walked up to me with a smile on her face. "Hi, my name is Caitlin" she told me as she shook my hand "I'm Alexia, go ahead and sit or stand wherever you can find a spot" I stated. Soon enough Emerson came back and the room went quiet. 

"So, guys.. I wrote a song, and I'm finally ready to show it to you guys" Everyone smiled as I grabbed my guitar and Caitlin and Jawn found good spots to take pictures. 

I took a sip of water and started strumming my guitar before finally telling them the name of the song. "This song is called Vices. "

Feel like I'm just passing by 

It's not love it's just a guy 

And it's got me feeling right 

For the night, but 

In the morning when he's gone 

I'm alone with all my thoughts 

So I gotta drink 'em up 

Till I'm numb

And (Ooooh) 

It's never enough. Pass me the cup

Got nowhere to run. So pour me another one 

I'm taking it all 

I'm getting lost 

I'm making a fool of myself

With all these vices

I really don't know why I'm like this 

And I just don't care what the price is 

Cuz I just need these vices (oooh)

If it's not drugs it's drinks

If it's not drinks it's things 

If it's not things it's people 

Places I don't wanna be 

These vices 

Is it okay, I'm not okay?

I don't sleep too much these days 

And I hate being awake, when the sun's out 

Lock the door and shut the blinds 

They can't see my bloodshot eyes 

I got habits I can't hide in the light 

And (ooooh) 

It's never enough. pass me the cup