Let the games beginn

It was the next day and the first thing that Tris saw when she went to eat was that All, Peter and Drew were beaten up to no end.

It was a miracle they could still stand. It didn't take long until the whole compound also knew what happened to Sam, the guy who punched Silver.

Apparently, Eric had beat him to near death and then thrown him in the chasm. Which everyone believed immediately.

Tris sat down beside Christina and Will who, like everyone else, looked a little bit shaken when they heard about what had happened.

"Looks like Eric isn't letting her alone any time soon," Christina said pointing towards Eric who had his arm around Silver. Her head was leaning on his shoulder as Eric talked to the other people at his table.

It was time for the rankings and all the initiates were more than scared.

Tris was fifth place, Al was cut and Peter and Drew were just above the line, which was weird as they won every fight they had.

"Don't look so confused. You don't know how long it took Max, Silver and me to convince Eric not to either kill them or make them factionless" Four suddenly said from behind Tris making her jump "but I'm pretty sure he only listened to Silver"

"He really loves her doesn't he?" Tris asked.

"You have no idea. I'm her brother. Not by blood but by everything else and he sometimes doesn't want me around her. She is everything to Eric and nobody wants to know what would happen if Silver died. They are both madly in love, showing its way to open when I am there. Their first kiss was actually in front of my room, she wanted to say goodnight when she ran into Eric. I had left my door open for her but I'm never doing that again" Four shuddered at the memory.

Tris laughed a little staring at Eric and Silver in wonder. She had sat down on a ledge by the pit, Eric beside her their hands interlocked.

Eric looked so peaceful with her around. He looked downright civil. His eyes held something soft, as he creased Silver hand, a small gesture Tris could even see from far away.

It was a few days later and Tris had just managed to jump into the train, after letting herself out of the infirmary.

Four explained the game and Eric being like his usual self shot Molly in the leg to demonstrate. Without Silver, this guy was just sadistic.

"Four and I are captains. You choose first" Eric said.

"Silver"

Tris looked around in confusion. Silver wasn't on the train, how was she supposed to play. Especially since Four had told her she was on a mission when Tris asked him why Silver wasn't there at lunch.

"Are you starting an imaginary team, because Silver isn't here?" Eric asked raising his brow.

Four just smirked and suddenly a person jumped into the train, standing up beside Tris before removing their hood.

Golden hair fell out and Silver smiled at the shocked faces.

"So...in whose team am I? Sorry I'm late but it looks like I finished the mission just in time"

Christina pointed to Four and Silver stood beside him.

Eric gave Four the coldest glare Tris had ever seen before barking out Edwards name.

"Stiff" Silver said next.

Tris was more than confused why they would pick her.

"Excuse me...I thought I was the captain" Four asked.

"Well then it's good I am here to remind you you're not" she answered sweetly.

Eric and Silver picked their teams while Four just stood there silently.

It was Silvers turn again and she turned to Four.

"Go ahead pick"

"I thought you picked the team"

"No of course not. Your the captain right, also when we win Eric will be pissed at you and not me so..go ahead" she said sweetly, which made all the initiates chuckle"

Four said something about 'Eric never being angry at Silver anyway' and that 'he would have shot her himself if she hadn't been in his team' but Silver flipped him off, gave Eric a chaste kiss before his team jumped out off the train.

"Eric is going to use all his bullets on me," Four said matter of factly.

Silver nodded picking up her own gun.