Telling Four

Recap

Before she closed the door she looked back into the room, where she saw Silver sitting on the floor while Four was holding her in his arms, looking lost and confused. He gave Tris a thanking nod then turning back to Silver.

What the hell just happened?

It had taken Four about ten minutes to calm Silver down so that he could talk to her properly. She was curled up on his lap while he sat on the sofa.

"Did Eric do something? I swear if he hurt you I am going to kill him"

Silver didn't say anything she only held out the little picture. Four took it and stared at the black and white piece of paper before looking at Silver confused.

"What is this? It looks like a deformed potato?!" He honestly looked like a confused puppy. No matter how amazing he was as a big brother, he was still a stupid young boy sometimes.

"Four...I'm pregnant" Silver just flat out said it.

"Pregnant..as in baby pregnant? You know with a little human in there?" Now it looked like Four was going to faint.

"Yeah...I'm in the third week now. The nurse gave me some pills for morning sickness and...Eric...he doesn't really know yet" Silver said getting quieter to the end.

"I mean...I'm honoured that you told me before the baby father, who is also my boss, but when are you going to tell him?"

"I don't know yet. I mean what should I say 'hey Eric, by the way, I am pregnant' ?"

"Yes well, that sounds like a start. You can't really hide it. You'll get all-round" For that Silver smacked Four with a light smile.

"Oww Siv..stop hitting me you violent women or I'll drop you," he said pretending to throw her on the floor.

"Hey watch it. Or you can forget being an uncle. Besides, I haven't forgotten you called my baby a deformed potato"

"I'm sorry, but honestly, if Eric doesn't help you we'll just raise him or her together. I could be like the guy that's always around and everyone thinks is the father but really he isn't. I might even print little cards

'no, I am not the father. I didn't sleep with my sister, but I will gladly punch you in the face for her'

Silver giggled at that.

"Eric will be so happy when he hears you're pregnant with his child. He loves you almost too much. You'll be the perfect little Dauntless family"

Silver was about to answer when her phone rang. After a few minutes of talking she hung up.

"I'll talk to Eric later. I gotta go now" she was about to stand up when Four held her down.

"You want to go on a mission. While you are pregnant, without telling Eric. He will kill me when he finds out I let you go!" Four asked with wide eyes.

"Max asked Eric and he said I could go-"

"Yeah..cause he doesn't know you're pregnant" Four butted in.

"I am not even showing yet. I can't stay in the compound for nine months. We'll be fine. It's just a small thing. Two days at the most. I'll take my pills and they'll be good for five weeks" Silver gave Four a light kiss on the cheek before leaving.

"This isn't going to end well," Four said as soon as the door closed.