Zeke to the Rescue

She suddenly tried to grab Thea and tear her away from Silver when a voice interrupted them.

"Is there a problem her" it snarled, in his hand a gun which he held loosely, not pointing at anyone, but clearly it was easily accessible.

Silver's mother froze. Behind her daughter stood a dark-skinned male with a gun in his hands and tattoos on his arms.

"No not at all," she said quickly, hoping he would just leave.

"I wasn't asking you. I was asking my friend with her newborn" Zeke snarled, standing beside Silver, shielding her ever so slightly.

"I have a right for the child as well. I am her mother and I think the Dauntless compound is not safe for children, so we could make an arrangement. Sarah is very young and I would be willing to take in the child" she snapped.

"I'm afraid Silver is a grown-up and from another faction, so you are not rated as a family anymore. Meaning you don't even have the right to look at Thea" Zeke said. He had seen Silver and her mother when he was in the control room and he knew it wasn't going to end well. Zeke sent Uriah to get Eric or Four while he went to help Silver who was carrying Thea.

"Do you even know who I am? My husband is in the council. I demand-"

"Take on more step forward lady and I am going to have to kill you in the most painful ways possible" suddenly Eric snarled. Uriah had found him with Four, Max and Lauren and they were now all standing in the hall.

Eric pushed past her and went straight to Silver, making sure that she and Thea were okay. Uriah had shown them a video of what happened and to say he was pissed would be the understatement of the year.

"Ma'am. Please step away from the girl" Max said. He was angry as well. Max had always liked Silver and he met Thea earlier that week. He was even made god-father.

"This is a misunderstanding," the elderly Candor said, "Sarah is my daughter-"

"There is nobody named Sarah here. I have access to all the files and I know these people. Lauren, Silver and Thea are the only females in this hall so I don't know who you mean. Besides faction before blood. You are a member of Candor threatening Dauntless members in our compound. Even going so far as to attack two of them. Which gives me the power to imprison you and have to go to court. Of course, your husband will not be one of the judges. Zeke, will you please arrest Mrs Harper and take her to a holding cell."

"With pleasure sir," Zeke said pulling out some handcuffs. He was about to step forward but Eric was faster.

He grabbed her by the throat and pushed her against the wall.

"If you ever even look at my daughter or girlfriend again, I will not hesitate to kill you. Is. That. Clear?"

Silver's mother struggled against his hold, her face turning bright red as she tried to get oxygen.

"Y-yes" she gasped. Eric squeezed her neck again before finally letting her go. She fell on the floor gasping holding her neck, which was already turning a dark shade of blue"

Eric gave Zeke a nod and he cuffed her dragging her away.