Past:Fear simulation

Past

Silver woke up with a pounding headache. Beside her bed was a glass of water and a pill in a little case.

She smiled and took both things before getting up for a shower. The other initiates were still asleep when she got back dressed again.

Just then Four walked in and woke the others up, making them groan at the loud noise.

"Training starts two hours later today so you got to sleep longer, stop complaining" Four shouted before leaving again, Silver with him.

"Are you ready for stage two?" he asked while they sat in the dining room.

Silver shrugged, biting in her muffin. One of the best things about Dauntless was their amazing food. Their cakes and muffins were done die for.

It was half an hour later and all the initiates sat in a room, waiting for their turn to go through the fear simulation.

It hadn't taken long before the first screams had echoed through the rooms, so all the initiates were nervous.

Four and Eric were overlooking the simulations in two different rooms.

"Silver" Eric called as soon as a very pale looking Ace was taken out of the room by two helpers who stood at the end of the room when they weren't needed.

Silver got up and went into the room Eric was in. He closed the door before capturing her lips with his.

After a while, Eric pulled back and held up a syringe.

"Be brave, you can do this?" he said as Silver drifted into the simulation.

Silver opened her eyes and saw a fire, it was all around her, coming closer and closer. She panicked trying to run away from it, but it just followed her.

She shouted for help but she was alone, completely and utterly alone. This was her fear, not the fire, the fire only visualised it.

Her fear was being alone.

As a child, she was alone all the time and she hated it. When she met Tobias, she felt less alone, but then he left.

Silver calmed down her heart and sat down in the middle of the burning landscape. She could feel the heat of the fire on her skin but it didn't hurt her.

She woke up with a gasp, almost falling out of the chair if it hadn't been for Eric who caught her in the last moment.

"That's it?!...only one fear. You beat Four...he's gonna be second now. Thank you..he kept rubbing it in my face that he had fewer fears than me. This means you stay top of the class, you were really fast and broke the record. Congratulations" Eric said as soon as Silver had calmed down a little bit.

Silver smiled and gave Eric a chaste kiss before leaving the room. Four, who was just getting a new initiate, looked at her with a questioning gaze, but she nodded with a small smile.

She held up one finger and Four groaned. Eric laughed from inside the room, when he heard this, as he knew what Four had just found out.

The others were very confused about what was going on, not only was Silver out in only five minutes, Eric just laughed, and not one of his evil, sinister laughs, but a genuine laugh.

"Matt" Eric's voice said from the room, pulling everyone back from their thoughts.