°•°Chapter 42°•°

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is to love and be loved in return."

- Nat King Cole.

Chloe's POV.

"Love you," my voice is muffled into Blake's chest as he hugs me tight, "Love you too, little sis,"

"Travel safe and we need to make plans for vacation soon, this wasn't good enough," I tell him with a smile and he nods, kissing my forehead, "Got to go now, take care you two,"

Pulling back, I stumble into Zach's grasp before waving at Emmett, Blake, and Hailey as they walked inside the airport, "I'm going to miss them," I sigh, turning to face Zach with his arms still around me.

"I'm going to miss them too," he rests his forehead against mine, not minding the surroundings before capturing my lips with his into a quick kiss. Pulling back, I notice an elderly woman curse 'awe' at us as she walks past us with her partner who's muttering as if we ran over his cat, "Let's get out of here,"

"Yup," Zach says releasing me from his comforting hold and grabs my hand as we walk out, "Do you need to go to work today?"

"Nah, it's a Saturday and I've got no commitments till Monday," I reply while enjoying the sound of the snow crunching under our footsteps. For 10 a.m., the sky is pretty grey as a slight snowfall continues to shower us, "Hold on,"

Zach's voice gets my attention as we halt right in front of his car, "Smile," he says with a grin before grabbing his phone and clicking a picture of me, followed by the both of us, "Perfect,"

I say with a grin as my hands start getting colder by the second, "Let's get back into the car, Sugar," rubbing my hands together, I rush towards the passenger seat and get in quickly. Letting out a shaky breath, I smile at Zach as he turns on the heater and starts the car, "You don't mind hanging out at the restaurant a bit, do you?"

"Nope, just get me my latte and I won't bother you through your meeting," flashing him a grin, I take off the button of my trench coat before settling back into the comfort of the seat, "As you wish,"

He gives me a boyish grin before concentrating on the driving and I look out the window, taking in the beautiful sceneries. I'm feeling rather fine after the meeting with dad yesterday and I think Blake made the right call, meeting him yesterday. It gave a closure we never got, it gave me a reality check to all those immature expectations I had of dad.

I'm happy that Blake and I at least have the good captured memories to look back upon with dad instead of the shit he pulled through in the last ten years or so. I guess few things are better left behind as we grow up and the sour memories with dad are one of them.

~•~•~•

"Your latte, Sugar," Zach hands me the coffee mug with a smile, "Got a meeting now?"

"In fifteen minutes," he huffs taking his turtle neck t-shirt, exposing his toned muscles making me bite my lower lip as I sit back I the couch with a grin, "I was enjoying the show,"

Pouting a tiny bit, I sip on my latte making Zach let out a laugh, "Oh you could enjoy the show anytime you want, Sugar. Only yours to enjoy," he winks, putting on a beige shirt before heading towards me, "Mine to enjoy, huh?"

I ask him with a grin before standing up and place the mug on the table, "Yup," with a mischievous grin; I place a kiss on his abs and leave a couple more wet kisses, gaining a groan from him. I stifle a giggle as I notice his slight hard-on and start buttoning up the rest of his shirt, "You're had to do that right before my meeting, Sugar?"

"What? That was nothing," giggling, I look up to meet his hot gaze, "I could take you right now, but I'd rather get done with this and have you for the rest of the day," he smirks before pulling me into a kiss as I finish off with his last button. His left arm goes around my waist while his right-hand squeezes my butt making me let out a muffled squeal before he slips his tongue past my lips.

I pull him closer as I feel myself getting hot and needy by the second and he pulls back making me groan, "Why?!" slapping his arm, I whine, "Ow!" I squeal after earning a smack on my butt.

"Oh, now I won't be the only one all horny by the time the meeting ends," he winks with a boyish grin and steps back causing me to roll my eyes, "I'm just going to look forward to going home to Snowy," I stick my tongue out before dropping down on the couch and getting back to my latte.

"Ouch! Is he my competition yet again?" he dramatically whines making me giggle as I sip on the latte, "Maybe," giving him a quick wink, I watch him walk away with a smile. He picks up some files, looking through them while getting into his full-on work mode, oh he's one hell of a hot boss and quite scary to his employees though.

"I'll be back in an hour," he says flashing a quick smile my way and I wave before he walks out of the room. The door closes with a thud making me sigh as the silence settles in; it's sure going to be one boring long hour.

Taking the last long sip of the latte, I place the mug back on the coffee table and grab my phone to message Dan to check on Snowy. Leaving a quick message, I scroll through my google books library to check if I find anything, I can spend my time reading.

"Nope,"

"Nope,"

"Nope." I sigh not striking out every book in my library; I do need to upgrade my collection. Finally giving up, I open Spotify and look around for Zach's headset before standing up. I head towards his desk and grab his headset before putting it on. Rewrite the stars, starts playing making me hum along while grabbing the photo frame containing Zach's favorite photo of us and smile at the memory.

It's his birthday in a month and I'm yet to plan a perfect gift for him but as of today, I'm pretty sure if we get to meet Molly, that would make up for his birthday as well. We didn't get to video call or meet her after she's been sent with the new family and I miss her a lot more than I probably should.

My eyes widen as a hand slaps onto my mouth, muffling my voice and an arm wraps around my body, trapping my arms in place. My ears are deafened with the loud music as I struggle my way of out the grasp of whoever it is and my headset finally slip off as I bite the person's hand, "Who the fuck are you?!" I yell trying to get out the man's grasp but I'm held against the desk with my mouth closed once again.

~•~•~•