°•°Chapter 3°•°

"Every day has a past. Every day has a tomorrow."
Amy Meyerson

Chloe's POV.

"Please take a seat, Mr. Phillip," I say as I grab my diary and pen to note down any details for the new contract. I smooth out the creases my turquoise body con dress with my free hand while waiting for him to take out a paper from his folder that he's been skimming through.

"So as I spoke to you before about what needs to be done, we need some really good images for our website and the upcoming magazine issue. The restaurant is called 'The Countryside Gourmet'," he hands me a paper with the payment details and I raise an eyebrow.

I look at him in confusion, "With the time you're giving me to work on your contract, you'll have to increase the pay by ten percent Mr. Phillip. Not only is this non-negotiable but please understand that you're making me clear out my schedule for tomorrow in a day's notice," I reason out with my voice as serious as it could be. This is the reason Dan left the contract negotiation with me every single time.

Noticing him sigh, I wait for his answer while his eyebrows knit while he thinks it out, "I'll take to the boss, I'm sure we can work with that," he finally says with a smile. He looks like he's in his late thirties with a little grey hair.

He stands up, pulling at his suit in an attempt to straighten it out and extends his hand towards me which I take standing up to, "Thank you, Ms. Miller. I appreciate you accepting the offer at the very last minute."

"It's my pleasure and I've got a reservation at your restaurant this afternoon with my brother so I'll just look around if you don't mind,"

"Oh, of course. I'll let our representative know about your visit and they'll show you around," he says as I release my hand from his.

"Thank you. Have a great day," I say with a smile and he heads to the glass door exit of my office, "You too Ms. Miller,"

I sigh and fall back into my seat as I notice him leave and Dan immediately walks in, "So?"

He looks at me excitedly and takes a seat on the table making me roll my eyes, "That was the quickest discussion and well he's from that new restaurant Blake was talking about,"

"Oh wow, that's nice. You could take a look around when you go there today so that way at least one of us wouldn't be as clueless," he grins making me smile.

Blake enters the room too with his eyes glued onto his phone as he types away quickly, "That was quick,"

"Yup," both Dan and me say in unison agreeing with what Blake said. Dan walks over to the mini-fridge and grabs three coke cans before handing one each to us. I sink into my leather seat sipping on it, Blake's surprise visit changed our work plans a little bit but that gave me and Dan more time to relax for the week. Along with Blake offering to help us with the photoshoots as long as he's around.

~•~•~•

Blake runs his hand through his brown hair looking at the endless menu making me giggle, "Decided what you want to have yet?"

"Could we just opt for the buffet instead?" he asks me as I stifle a laugh and just nod, what do I say? He loves food and I just don't say it out loud but I sure am one hell of a foodie too. I guess having Zach and Blake around who had huge appetites made me a foodie too.

"But first some fancy champagne," I say smiling as the server comes up with our glasses and a bottle of champagne. What were we celebrating again? Our relationship, we've been there for each other through the worst of times when our parents divorced and many other situations life threw at us. And no matter what, we always had each other back.