16

Third Person

Over the next few days, many things happened.

Gen's phone was flooded with notifications and over the course of one day went from having 900 followers on insta to having over 600k.

It was both good and bad.  Bad being because a lot of her new followers were from Asher's account, where they publicly bashed her.  But good, because the other half of her followers were sent from the boys sending her love.

Now, none of the boys tweets were very specific about who or what they were addressing, but all the fans realized that they were all talking about something very similar, and some strung together the two stories, not knowing just how close they were to the actual truth.

Gen knew she had to do something. Even if it destroyed her life, she was finally going to say something, but little did she know Daniel was too.

Daniel paced around the room, the other four boys looking at him.

"I need to clear Gen's name," he muttered to himself.

"How?" Corbyn asked. "If you say anything, Gen's gonna get all the hate and you know that,"

"And besides, if Randy finds out, there's no telling how he's gonna take it," Jack added.

"I know, I know. I just...I can't see Gen like this anymore. She's so sad all the time," Daniel explained.

All the boys nodded understandingly.

"Well, whatever you do, we'll stand behind you," Jonah said, and the boys agreed once again.

Daniel breathed out slowly, thankful for the support.

He was about to say something when Gen walked in. Everyone stoped talking.

"I need to do something," she starter, her face red from crying.

"What do you want to do?" Daniel asked her quietly.

"I'm gonna film a YouTube video and explain everything. They might not believe me but I need to get it off my chest,"' she explained.

Daniel's heart physically broke to see her like this. She was so calm on the outside but he knew inside, she was broken, and hurt. he would've traded places with her in a heartbeat.

"Do you need help?" He asked but she shook her head.

"No, I have Isla to help, but I just wanted to tell you guys," she explained before heading towards the door.

When she almost passed through the doorway, she turned around.

"Thank you for standing up for me," she said softly and walked away.

Once Gen got upstairs, Isla set up her camera and sat a little to the side so that the camera couldn't see her but she was still therefor moral support.

Gen turned the camera on.

"Hi guys. Um, my name is Genevieve Scott. If you've never heard of me, then you're probably normal. But you have heard a story involving me. Now, I know a lot of you will probably not believe me and continue attacking me, but I just wanted to set the record straight. If you watch this whole video and still decide I'm in the wrong, I completely understand."

"So, a couple years ago, I dated this guy. A guy who you know the name of by Asher Thurmon. This was before he was famous so you can't call me a clout chaser if he had no clout. I have a few pictures of us and I'll put them over here" Gen motioned to her left, making a mental note to put the pictures in.