47

Daniel's POV

I don't get nervous.  It's just not a feeling I get very often.  Being on stage is one of my favorite things and the fans are amazing so what's there to be nervous about?

But I am straight up nervous.  My palms are sweating and my heart is racing.  I want to throw up but at the same time, I am full of excitement.

Tessa, the makeup artist from The Today Show is finishing the last touches of my makeup and the other girl who's name is Bella is finishing my hair.

When they are finally done, I thank them both and go to find the set that I will be going on in less than thirty minutes.  The closer my feet take me to the stage, the more stressed I become and I keep rubbing my hands on my legs.

Multiple people start approaching me, telling me tidbits of information on how they are shooting, what I should be looking for.  The advice is very sound and I listen as well as I can with my growing anxiety as a background noise.

One of the older women seems to notice and a water bottle is handed in my direction.  I clutch onto it and manage to drink half of the bottle in one gulp.  It seems to help and my nerves dampen just a little.

Renata approaches me and I cap my water bottle.

"Hello, Daniel," she says nicely.

"Hi, Renata.  How are you doing?" I ask.

"I'm well. I'm very excited for this interview you're going to give me," she talks excitedly like a child getting a Christmas present early.

"I'm excited too.  I might even deviate from the script," I tell her.

She raises her eyebrows in surprise at me.  "Hmm, sounds interesting."  She seems intrigued.  "Well, we're going on in fifteen so I'll see you on stage," she says before walking away.

I sigh and take a few deep breaths to even my breathing before pulling my phone out.

I open my message app and text Isla.

—————

isla💙

hey can you do me a quick favor?

sure daniel!
what's up?

can you make sure gen is
watching the today show

are you on?

yeah, it's just me

well she's dating you so i assume
she's gonna be watching it

wdym?
we're not together

wait what?
gen's always telling me about
the dates you've gone on and stuff

isla we haven't been together
for like the past week

why didn't i know about this?

idk
there's definitely a reason
so don't get mad at her
ok?

ok