19

Daniel's POV

We are at the studio today just recording some songs, when Randy walks in.

Everyone who's talking immediately stops and we all look at him.

He doesn't look mad necessarily but not happy, which was how he always looked but today he looks  particularly miserable.

"Daniel, can I speak with you please?" He asks gruffly.

The boys all look at me with a somber expression as if they were witnessing an execution, and I nod following Randy into his office.

He opens the door and sits at his desk, as I linger back and look at him.

"Sit down,"he says pointing at one of the chairs.

I sit down.

"So, I've heard that there's a girl,"

I nod slowly.

"Her name?"

"Um, Genevieve Scott," I say quietly.

"Yes. Now this band is my number one priority, and I need to make sure nothing gets in the way of you guys going up. Now, I know she has a scandal, involving an" he pauses to look at his papers. "Asher Thurmon,"

"Yeah, she used to date him,"

"And she cheated on him," he says.

"No, she didn't. Asher lied and it was the other way around," I argue.

"Nonsense, I've spoken with Asher as he was about to sign to me. Nice boy. Anyways, I will not allow you to take your relationship with Ms. Scott public. She is to toxic for this band"

My eyes widen. Is he serious?

"Instead I have another solution. Caroline, come out please,"

A girl walks out from behind the adjoining office. How long had she been there for? This is really weird.

"Daniel, meet Caroline Davis, a successful model" Randy introduces us.

I give her a polite nod.

"Hi, Daniel" she says.

"Hello Caroline,"

"Please call me Carrie"

"I'm ok. I'll stick to Caroline"

She frowns slightly but doesn't say anything.

"So, obviously Ms. Scott will bring them team down, but Caroline. She's gorgeous, so she'll make all of our ratings go up"

The way he said that made me wanna throw up. Caroline was a person not an object and besides he just managed our band, I was actually in it.

"So, you're going to date Caroline for the press, and tell everyone you don't know who Ms. Scott is," Randy says.

"What?!" I ask. I stand up. "Randy, I can't!"