Chapter 17 Little White Lies

Fast forward to 11:13pm

Everyone was putting everything away. The chairs were put in the shed, at least until tomorrow. And everyone went inside.

I quickly ran upstairs to my room to grab my phone charger, as it was about to die. I plugged the cord into the outlet, by the couch. An idea popped into my head, as I started messaging Victoria.

I was going to ask her where she was staying, as her luggage was still in the living room. I wasn't sure where she was.

To Victoria💛
Where are you? Need to ask you something.

I hit "send", and waited on the couch, for her to reply.

*Ding*

I looked over to where her luggage was, and I got up from the couch. I made my way over to her backpack, and opened it. She had 3 missed calls, and numerous messages. I didn't want to snoop around, so I just put her phone back.

"Liam!" I shouted from the living room.

"Yea?" He replied from the kitchen.

I walked over to the kitchen, and leaned on the counter.

"Have you seen Victoria?" I asked.

"No, but she told me that she was going to sit by the lake. Why?" Liam asked.

"I just wasn't sure where she was." I replied.

I turned around, and went out back.

I saw Victoria sitting at the edge of the dock, with her feet slowly moving around in the water.

I went up behind her, took off my shoes and socks and sat down beside her, without saying anything. She knew I was there, she just watched me.

I put my feet in the water and looked at her with a grin.

After a minute of silence, and the sound of water moving around, I decided to speak up.

"I tried texting you, but your phone was in your bag. And you also have 3 missed calls and plenty of messages. You should go check." I said, swishing my feet in the water, just like Victoria.

Victoria let out a sigh.

"What's wrong?" I said wrapping my around her, comforting her.

"It's probably my mom. She usually messages me constantly whenever she needs something. I just ignore it." She said, looking embarrassed.

"If you don't mind me asking, where is your mom?" I said.

"She's back in Leduc. Her and my dad got into a big fight. I don't know what they were fighting about, but whatever it was, it made my mom move out. I don't know if she's coming back, or if she got a lawyer. She took 3 of our cats, so she must've made a deal with my dad." She said looking down at the water, tearing up.

I could hear her voice getting stuffy.

"Just like my dad says, whatever happens, happens for a reason." She added, wiping her face with her hand.

"Do you want to go on a date with me?" I asked, staring into her eyes.

Her face lit up, and a smile appeared. Her eyes met with mine, finally.

"Why do you like me?" She asked, with a smirk.

"Because you're special Victoria. No one can change the way I feel about you. I love how you can just put a smile on, and not care about anything." I said truthfully, while staring into her beautiful brown eyes.

Her smile grew, and she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"What about my dad? I came on this tour to work and to help him. My dad would give me shit for "fooling around with the boys." And what about management and fans? And Paparazzi?"

I stopped her before she began to overthink. I really liked her, and I didn't want whatever she was worrying about, to get in the way.

"So? What about them? Who cares? And I'm doing Paul a massive favour by being here. If it weren't for the band, Paul probably would have a job." I said.

"Well, still. I just don't want-"

"Victoria, I really really like you. Please don't let these little things get in the way of us. If you want to think about it, I understand. If you change your mind, then we can meet somewhere at the VIP party tomorrow night. I'll send you a location, when we're there.. I would never break your heart, I really hope you know that."

I grabbed my shoes and socks, and got up from the dock. I walked barefoot back to the cabin. When I got to the backdoor, I dried my feet off, and went up to my room. I took a shower, brushed my teeth, things like that. After I called my mom, I turned off the lights, and went to bed.

After endless thinking, I managed to fall asleep. I could only think about Victoria. She needed to know that I was being serious about everything that I'd just said.

I grabbed my phone, and texted her.

To Victoria💛
Goodnight love, sweet dreams :)

I hit send, and put my phone on my chest, as I stared at the ceiling.

*Ding*

I checked my phone, and read what she wrote.

From Victoria💛
Goodnight Hazza <3 Had a blast tonight.

I smiled, as I lowered my phone back on the nightstand. My eyes drifted and I fell asleep.