Chapter 7 If I Could Fly

I went backstage to find my dad, instead I got distracted by a rehearsal the boys were doing. I found it weird how they were just rehearsing.

They weren't using their headsets or microphones. Paul wasn't even watching. While they were singing Harry knelt on the end of the stage to talk to me.

"Wandering around?" he asked, jokingly.

"Well I was just about to go find my dad, but I think this is a better view then his coworkers." I said chuckling.

"Are you excited?" he asked.

"Yea! Can't wait to see why all the fans love you guys so much, and why you have like hundreds of shows," I replied with a chuckle and an eye roll.

"Just you wait." Harry said as he shook his head.

I stuck my tongue out at Harry before I left. I turned around, hoping to see my dad backstage. I saw him standing next to his coworkers, of course.

"Finally there you are!" he said, stretching out his arms for a hug.

"I was only gone for like an hour." I added.

"I know.. Why do you get to be in the bus with the boys but Nolan and the other kids have to stay on a different bus?" My dad asked, raising his eyebrow.

"I honestly didn't know about this." I replied. I even explained how Paul mentioned it's a rule in the book, and how it's management.

"It doesn't make any sense, and it doesn't sound fair to Nolan." My dad replied.

Honestly, I wasn't complaining. Me not sharing a bus with Nolan is great. Less talking and interacting. The boys came backstage, and greeted us.

My dad and I arranged and set up their headsets, just like Paul ordered. We gave them their mic's, and we waited until the stadium was full. Since the luggage room was full, I decided to take Cookie in there. I taped a note to the door saying:

"Victoria is in here with Cookie, making sure the noise doesn't scare him."

I messaged my dad and told him where I was. I
also told him to tell Paul, just in case. I turned on the TV in the room to where the cameras would be recording the performance.

They do that so anyone can watch the big screen, and also for anyone who leaves to buy snacks or anything, they can still watch while doing so. I heard that they're filming 2 movies, so they're probably gathering some performance clips. I waited until the performance started.

My dad was helping with technical stuff, so it was only me in there. I began brushing Cookie while watching the performance.

They sounded amazing. I decided to listen to them perform while doing some school work. I messaged my dad for a spare key for the bus, as everyone gets one.

He just gave me Paul's number. I put Cookie back in the kennel, and closed the door behind me as I left. I looked for Paul. I found him sitting backstage watching the boys perform, hoping everything would go as planned.

"Hey, Paul! I was wondering if I could get my key for the bus. I just need my laptop so I can do some homework." I said, while fidgeting with my bracelets.

"Homework during a concert? Okay.. Andrew! Please assist Victoria to the main bus." He ordered.

"Right away sir." He replied, as if he was in the military or something.

Andrew gave me the key, and walked with me.

When I got inside the bus, Andrew made sure I only grabbed my laptop and didn't go through the boy's things or anything like that. When I came back, I thanked Paul and Andrew, And headed to the luggage room. I closed the door behind me, and did some assignments.