Chapter 38 Gotta Be You

1:02 PM
I was sitting in the waiting room with the boys. My face was red and a little swollen from crying too much. My foot was nervously tapping the floor, while I was biting my nails.
"He'll be alright. Y'know, he once did a chubby bunny challenge with Niall, and didn't tell anyone till after that he was allergic." Liam whispered, probably trying to make me laugh.
"Part of me wants to take some responsibility, but the other half of me says he should've been more responsible. I even warned him about it."
Everyone turned to the nurse who had just come out of Harry's room. We all stood up, and made our way towards her.
"Will he be okay to perform?" Liam asked.
"I'd say to give it a week off. His throat needs to heal and singing won't help. He's already argued about it, and I'm not letting him sing. He'll be able to lip sync I'm sure."
"We don't have any recordings of just him though." Louis said.
"Well, I'm sorry but it's doctors orders. He can sing, but that might only make it worse."
"I can probably edit the recordings. If you guys give me copies on a USB drive, then I can edit them so you only hear Harry." I suggested, biting my lip.
"You're a fooking genius, and we love you." Louis said, kissing my forehead.
"So, can we visit him?" Niall asked.
"Of course."
We all went to visit Harry, and Paul, Adam and Andrew stayed behind. He probably can't have all of us in the same room.
"Hey Harry, how are you feeling?" Liam asked.
"Like shit. The meds they have me on is crazy. I feel hungover." Harry chuckled.
"Do you want us to run out and get you anything? Or are you free to go?" I asked.
"They need me here for a little bit longer, then I'll be free. And I'm so sorry I didn't listen to you-"
"Next time, just be more careful. I'll message Nolan later and ask him what the hell he was thinking, buying treats with no labels."
"It wasn't his fault Vic."
"Nothing is changing my mind." I chuckled.
"The nurse said you can't sing, so you'll have to lip sync." Niall said.
"But-"
"Harry, if you sing it'll make things worse."
"Hmph."
"Anyway, since you can't sing, Victoria had this really great idea. We're gonna make copies of the recordings and put them on a USB drive. Then, she can edit them, so we'll only hear you on the track."
Harry smiled from ear to ear. He looked like a 6 year old in a candy store, or something.
"Awee that's so sweet." Harry said, in a babyish voice.
I smiled.
"Since you're going to be here awhile, do you want to play on my nintendo? I'm sure we only have a limited time to visit." I offered.
"I would really love some crispy rolls, but the nurse won't allow it." Harry whined.
"What can you eat?"
"Disgusting hospital food. I only like the sandwiches."
"Wait, do they actually make jello? Or is that some cliche thing?"
"It's real. And god awful."
*Ding*
Everyone pulled out their phones, unsure of whose had just gone off.
"It's me." I said, looking down at my phone.
"Is it Zayn?"
"No, it's my dad asking if I'm alright. I better call him."
"Alright, yea."
I walked out of the room, and called my dad. I put the phone up to my ear, and waited till he answered.
"Hello?"
"Hey dad."
"Hey, is everything alright? What happened? I was watching Cookie, so I couldn't come and see what happened. No one was answering their phone. I only saw ambulances from the window."
"I'm sorry, I should've called you from the waiting room. Um, Harry ate cookie's with marshmallows, which he's allergic to. He can't sing, so I'm gonna edit the recordings from the studio and only have Harry's voice play."
"Is he gonna be okay?"
"Yea, he just has to stay here a little longer. The meds they have him on make him feel like shit. He says he feels hungover. How's Cookie?"
"He's doing fine. Oh, and mum called."
"And?"
"She says she tried to call you on your birthday, but you didn't answer."
"Yea, we were in the cab together, and you told me to ignore it."
"She wants to come visit us."
"Dad, Harry's in the hospital. The last thing I need right now, is for her to start more drama. She would kill me if she ever found out about my tattoos."
"Why can't you just give her a chance?"
"Because she left us. Just like she always does, whenever she wants to. I'm not gonna let her tear us up or anything.. Listen, I really gotta get going. I have to work on those recordings, and I'm still visiting Harry. He doesn't have much time to visit.'
I hung up the phone, without hearing my dad for the last time. I walked back into the room, and put my phone in my pocket.
"What did your dad want?" Niall asked.
"Just that my mom wants to visit me."
"You look bummed. What's wrong about your mum visiting you?" Liam asked.
"She only visits when she wants something. She always ends up leaving."
I quickly changed the subject, as I didn't want to worry anyone.
"Do you want me to have Andrew drop off anything before we take off? I'm sure Paul, Adam, and Andrew all want to see you before visiting hours are over."
"I'll just ask him."
"Alright, well feel better."
We took off, and sat in the waiting room. Andrew was our ride home. Paul, Adam, and Andrew made their way into Harry's room. It didn't take long for them to visit Harry. I'm pretty sure Paul gave Harry shit for not thinking. The boys and I heard muffled yelling through the walls. We all exchanged looks, as we saw a nurse rush in the room.