Chapter 39 Half a Heart

2:07 PM
Everyone got onto the bus, without saying a word. I climbed onto my bunk, and the boys got comfortable on the couch. Niall headed to his bunk and closed the curtain.
"Is that Harry's bandana?" Paul asked, raising an eyebrow.
"He let me use it as a sleeping mask."
"And I'm guessing he gave you his sweater because you were cold." Paul raised his voice even more.
I stared at him with eyes of disbelief. Almost as if to say; "I don't know who you are". I guess I'm being dramatic. I mean, the closest to his bad side I've ever seen, was when Zayn left.
"Paul, get a grip!" Louis shouted.
Paul scoffed, and stormed off. I felt really bad for Harry. Having your manager to embarrass you while you're laying in a hospital bed. I mean, they were on tour. I pulled the curtain, and put my headphones on. As far as I knew, we were gonna pack up our things at the hotel, pick up Harry, then take off.
Fast forward to the hotel
Someone took the bandana off from my eyes, and my earbud which was blasting 1D.
"We're here." Liam said, taking the blanket off of me.
I climbed out from my bunk, and made my way inside the hotel. I packed up my things, and Harry's as well. I put his things by the door, and headed downstairs. I unlocked the bus, and grabbed my laptop from my bag. I started working on those recordings for Harry.
I had 15 songs to work on, and only a few hours to make them perfect. I picked up my phone, which was charging right beside me. I dialled Niall's phone, and waited till he answered.
"Hello?"
"Hey Niall."
"Hey, what's up?"
"Just working on those tracks. What about you?"
"Just finished packing up. Anything wrong?"
"Yes and no. Where's the nearest cafe?"
"Victoria, you have Google for that."
"But I'm almost positive I saw one near the hotel on the way here."
"I'll ask Andrew. He'd probably know."
"Thanks. I just really need coffee if I'm gonna edit these recordings."
"Yea, it's no problem. It's really helpful that you're doing it."
"Well, I'm glad to.. Hey did anyone talk to Paul?"
"I don't want to worry you about anything. You're supposed to be working."
"Niall."
"Fine. Louis and Paul got into a pretty heated argument."
"And? What happened!?"
Niall was silent, and I could hear him hesitating. Trying to think of something to say.
"Niall, what happened? I know you don't want me worrying, but I deserve to know."
"I know, I'm just looking out for you. Coffee and worrying thoughts don't mix well."
"So, are you going to tell me or what?"
"Louis might've screwed up."
"Did he hit Paul?! God, that kid has enough bruises on his face."
"No, no. He might've slipped about you and Harry."
"What exactly did he say?!"
"I wasn't there. I was packing up. You'd have to ask either Liam or Louis. I wouldn't recommend talking to Paul or Adam about anything. You don't know what they'd say."
"Did Louis text you about it?"
No, Liam did. He said that Louis is so very sorry. He didn't even know how to talk to me about it."
"Harry has enough on his plate right now. The least I can do is stop Liam from telling Harry. At least until I know what Louis spilled."
I hung up my phone, and went to Liam's contact. I hit "call" and waited for him to answer.
"Hello?"
"Hey Liam, are you busy?"
Niall walked onto the bus, and quietly sat down on the couch as soon as he saw me holding up my phone to my ear.
"Not really, why?"
"Niall told what happened."
I waited for Liam to chime in, but he never did.
"Did you tell Harry? If you haven't, you probably shouldn't. At least until I know what Louis said, and what Paul knows."
"Paul isn't mad. He says he just needs time. Louis made him promise not to say anything."
"Well, that's good."
"Louis didn't know how to tell you about anything. That's why I texted Niall. I really didn't know how to tell you. I figured you were more close with Niall."
"I'm close with all of you. Niall's just, really confident. I'm not mad at Louis. It's actually a relief that I didn't have to tell Paul. Louis kind of took a bullet for me. I'd say I'd owe him, but I'm already working on those tracks for Harry."
"Would you like me to tell Harry? Or is that something you'd want to do?"
"I'll tell him when we pick him up from the hospital. He can't be too mad if Paul won't say anything, and if I'm there, and also when he hears the tracks."
"Alright, well you should also call Louis. He'd love to hear from you, and how you're not mad."
"Ok, I'll call him."
I hung up, and placed my phone right beside me. I looked over at Niall, who was sitting on the couch.
"Liam said Louis was scared to tell me. He didn't know how I'd react."
"You should call Louis."
Niall got up, and walked over to the bathroom. I found Louis' contact in my phone, and called him. It kept ringing, and he didn't answer.
"The person you are trying to reach is not accepting calls at this time. Please try your call again later."
The line went dead, and I placed my phone down.