Chapter 33 Another World

5:13pm

We had finally arrived at the hotel. I didn't get much sleep, because I still couldn't get my mind off of Zayn and what had happened earlier. I felt the bus come to a stop, so I knew we had arrived. I pulled the curtain open, and climbed down from my bunk. I carried my bag, and followed everyone else off the bus.

"Where's Harry?" I asked, whispering to Niall.

"He's probably still on the bus."

I quickly rushed over to the bus, to look for Harry.

"Harry!" I shouted.

"What?"

He walked out from the washroom, and jumped.

"Jeez, you scared me."

"You knew I was here, I just called your name."

"But I didn't expect you to be camping by the door."

I rolled my eyes, and gave him his bandana.

"You rushed back here to give me this?"

"Well how would I explain why I have it?"

"Tell the truth. Say you couldn't sleep."

"It's yours. You guys have done enough for me."

"Did you have fun earlier?"

"Uh, we completely trashed Zayn's room. I had a blast."

Harry chuckled, and we quickly caught up with the boys who were just about to enter the hotel. I saw my dad sitting at a table with his coworkers; James and George.

"Where's David?" I asked, walking up to their table.

"He's in the washroom I think. Nolan is in his hotel room." My dad replied.

"I thought he was supposed to leave today?"

"Not till Wednesday? Remember?"

"So he's just keeping his distance?"

"Yup. What were you guys up to?"

"Liam made us lunch at their house."

"They have a house here?"

"Yup."

"Wow.. Also, we're supposed to hangout so the crew can set up something."

"Alright. Did you have anything in mind?"

"Maybe you'd like to go skating?"

"Sure! That'd be fun."

"Alright, I need to grab a few things from my room. Do you want to stay here or come see Cookie?"

"Who's watching him?"

"Grace. You, William and Grace were entertaining the crowd earlier."

"Did you ask her to?"

"I asked William, but he said he couldn't. He told me he'd find someone who would watch Cookie."

"Oh okay."

We took the elevator to his room, and walked in. Grace was sitting on the couch watching TV.

"Cookie!" I said excitedly, as I rushed over to bed. He was peacefully sleeping by the pillow.

He woke from his deep slumber, and started purring. He was so happy to finally see me. Cookie started to crawl over me, as my dad dug around in his suitcase for whatever he needed.

"Got it." My dad said, as he walked over to the door.

I gave Cookie a kiss, and waved at Grace. I followed my dad as he headed for the elevator. He led me outside, where a cab was waiting. I assumed someone called in advance. We hopped in the cab, waiting out front.

"Are you Mark?"

"Yup. You're Daniel?"

"Yea. Where to?"

"Nearest skating rink, please."

I put on my headphones, and blasted some Nickelback. My dad and I loved their music. I'm guessing my dad could hear my music through my headphones, because he started playing the air guitar with his tongue out. I smiled, and turned away to stare out the window. London was so beautiful.

When we finally arrived at the ice rink, my dad paid and we got out of the cab. I followed my dad, as I had no idea where we were. I looked around, admiring London. We entered a huge building, and looked around. I spotted a sign that read; "Skate Rentals"

"Look!" I said, pointing to the sign.

My dad and I rushed over, and got in line. There was a couple in front of us, so I knew we wouldn't be waiting for too long.

"Hello, how may I help you?"

"Hi, I'd like to rent 2 pairs of skates. It doesn't matter what color."

"What size?"

"Size 10 for me, and size 6 for her."

The lady quickly rushed to go behind the counter. She soon came back with 2 shoe boxes. With the skate guards still on the blades, my dad gave me the boxes, and paid. My dad led me to the dressing rooms. There were 3 rooms; mens, women's, and family.

We decided to go into the family dressing room. We put our skates on and tied them. When we finally got on the ice, I started skating around, and man it felt great. I haven't gone skating in a while.