Chapter 49 Love You Goodbye

4:35 PM
We ran faster than our legs could take us. Except for Louis. His small legs couldn't take him far. Everyone ran to the bus, and ignored all those stupid questions. We all plopped down on the couch, while trying to catch our breaths. Except for me. My heart was pounding, and I couldn't breathe. Not anything dramatic, I just had a lot on my mind. I drank some water and crawled up to my bunk.
"Victoria?" Harry asked.
"Hm?" I asked, crawling up
"You haven't said a single word all night. Are you mad?"
I sighed, and took my foot off the ladder.
"No. I just have a lot on my mind. Y'know, what my dad and paparazzi would say."
Harry grabbed my hands.
"We'll come out after we've gone on the date. Just ignore them for a few more days. And tell your dad that it was for the kiss cam. He'd understand about people cheering and such." Harry smiled and walked off.
I crawled back up to my bunk, and tried to get my mind off of things. God I'm so dramatic.
Fast forward to the hotel
When the bus stopped, I figured we were there. I got up, and crawled down my bunk. Everyone exited the bus, then Andrew parked it on one of the levels. I thought about ignoring my dad, but that would only make things seem more suspicious.
We walked into the hotel, and made our way to the elevator. Paul stopped us.
"Woah woah woah. I need to know how the game went."
"I'm ruined." I thought
"I'm not drunk." Louis slurred.
We all burst out laughing, except for Paul. He didn't seem the slightest bit amused.
I made eye contact with my dad, who was now approaching me.
"Shit. Louis' drunk and I'm fucking dead. Great. Just play it cool. Shit, I'm gonna blow it. Shit shit shit shit shit."
From the corner of my eye, I could see my dad getting closer and closer. We kept making small talk with Paul. I was completely zoned out. I just nodded at everything the boys were saying.
"Hey guys, how was the game?" My dad asked.
My palms were getting sweaty, and I kind of froze. I didn't say a word.
"It was fucking amazing. We won!" Louis cheered.
"That's great Louis. And Victoria?"
Why does he have to put me on the spot like this?
"Hm?" I tried to act clueless.
"Why don't we have a little chat?" He practically dragged me out from that elevator. Harry followed behind us.
"Oh, actually Harry, I was hoping I could talk to Victoria alone."
"Um, can I maybe just wait for her a couple tables down?"
"Sure, that's fine." We walked off.
"We're seriously gonna talk in the lobby where people can hear us? Look, I know what this is about-"
"You do?"
I went silent for a minute. Maybe he didn't know about the kiss cam.
"Victoria, I got a text from mom while you guys were out. I didn't want to call you because you were out having fun." My dad handed an open message to me.
I grabbed his phone, and skimmed through the message.
From Unknown
Honey, please unblock me. I want to see my daughter. I am going to the next show and you can't stop me from seeing her.
I looked at my dad in shock.
"What did you think this conversation was gonna be about?" My dad raises his eyebrows.
"Can I tell you after? When you're done talking
about this."
"Fine."
I waited for my dad to continue. He took a deep breath, and opened his mouth.
"Victoria, I don't think it's safe for you to be going out-"
"Dad, I understand that you want to protect me, but she's a 47 year old woman. She won't kidnap me or anything. And even if you're that worried, just send Andrew to follow me or something." I lowered my voice
My dad just nodded his head. He probably didn't want to argue in a lobby, let alone an 18 year old girl.
"What did you think this conversation was gonna be about?" My dad asked, once again.
I sighed, and started to fidget with the 1D bracelets on my wrist.
"Y'know how everyone thinks how Harry and I are dating?"
"Sure."
"Well, at the game we didn't wear hoods, or sunglasses. During the kiss cam, Along with the boys, Harry and I got spotted. I tried to ignore it, and I kissed my hand and gently smacked his mouth-"
"It's fine. If it was only for the kiss cam then I'm fine with it."
I thought for a split second.
"What if it wasn't for the kiss cam? Like hypothetically. If we were to.."
"I can't argue with it. I mean, Harry's a great guy. You're 18, it's not like I can stop you." My dad smiled
"No fucking way."
I eventually left the table to catch up with Harry, who was waiting at the table.
"Let's take the stairs." I said, rushing him.
I opened the door, and hurried him inside. I took a deep breath, while Harry was waiting for me to explain.
"So, my dad thinks Andrew should supervise me because my crazy mom wants to see me. Oh and, he doesn't care about the kiss cam. He's fine with it and he says if you're a great guy. He even said if we were to date, he'd have no problem with it."
We were halfway up the stairs, and Harry just stared at me.
"Seriously?" Harry's face lit up.
"Dead serious."
Harry chuckled, and we made our way inside our room.