Chapter 6 Illusion

I began adjusting the volume on the soundboard. Paul gave me a thumbs up from across the stadium, signalling he could hear from over there. When all the microphones were ready, the boys got off the stage and went to get ready for tonight's performance.

From across the stadium, I could see Paul jogging towards me. He was out of breath when he finally got to where I was standing.

"I just thought I'd let you know that, some bodyguards are loading up the tour bus with your luggage. So you'll be riding with the boys and your dad will be riding with the other crew members." Paul informed me while trying to catch his breath.

"Oh.. Shouldn't I be on the crew bus and not the boy's bus?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"It's an age limit thing. Some rules in the book, it's management." He replied as he shrugged his shoulders.

"Where will Cookie stay?" I asked him.

"Wherever you choose. Pets are an optional choice." Paul said.

"Would you mind helping fold some shirts and get the merch all prepared for the fans please?" Paul asked with puppy dog eyes.

"Sure! I'll just give Cookie to my dad." I replied.

"Is there anyone else who can watch him? Your dad is busy working." Paul added.

"I think so.." I said looking around. Paul walked off to do whatever he needed. I texted my dad.

To: Dad
Mind lending me Nolan? Paul says you're busy, and apparently so am I. Need to fold shirts for fans. Need Nolan to walk Cookie. His legs are probably cramping like shit.

I sent the message and waited for a response. I petted Cookie for a little bit...

*Ding*

From Dad
123-123-1234

To Dad
Thanks?

I put the number in my phone, and forced myself to send a message.

To Nolan
Hey, It's Victoria.. My dad gave me your number. Mind watching Cookie? I need to help fold shirts. text me? thanks.

It only took like 14 seconds before he messaged me back. That was fast

From Nolan
Yea sure, where r u?

To Nolan
soundboard, meet u in luggage room

From Nolan
k. omw

A little while later, I heard a little knock at the door. Nolan was standing right by the door frame. I stood up, and thanked him for walking Cookie. I gave Nolan the harness and the bag, and swiftly walked away.

I made my way to the merch area. I must've walked for 10 minutes before actually realizing where I was going. When I got there, I got straight to work..

They gave me a 1D Crew T-shirt, so no one would think I'm a fan. Some guy also gave me some glow sticks and bracelets. Later on, a bodyguard came up to us and said that they would open the doors in around 15 minutes.

"I also need Victoria." He added.

"That's me!" I replied confused. As we made our way backstage, the bodyguard explained how I wasn't ready to start selling shirts. He added how Paul wasn't sure if I was ready for crazy fans to start screaming at us.

I thanked him, and also got a message. I read the top of my phone, and saw the word Nolan. Great, more talking time with this kid.

From Nolan
I put Cookie back in his kennel after giving him some water, little fella needed it. I gave the carrier to your dad who is backstage.

To Nolan
Tysm for walking him and giving him water, means a lot.

From Nolan
no problem