Chapter 9 Little Things

I fell asleep for a little bit, then Harry woke me up. He looked at me right in the eyes, and gently told me to wake up.

"Everyone already ate, your takeout is on the coffee table. We're here at the hotel for the night, get out of bed love." he whispered in my ear. Hearing that sweet voice, made me melt.

And waking up to only seeing Harry's beautiful green eyes, was breathtaking, if I'm being honest. I got up, and saw Cookie on a harness, which was tied to the railing.

On the floor were his bowls. One with water, the other with his dry food. It was 11:13pm, and I was totally drained. I looked on the coffee table, and saw the takeout the boys had saved for me. I wasn't really hungry. I gathered my luggage, and Cookie's as well.

"Don't worry about it. I have a job, let me take care of it." Andrew said as he saw me reaching for my carry-on.

"Thanks, it means a lot." I said thanking him. Suddenly, Niall slammed the door open on the bus.

"Has anyone seen Zayn?" Niall asked with deep concern in his eyes.
"No, not since we got here." I replied.

"Why? What's wrong?" I asked, beginning to worry.

"He's missing." Niall said with dreaded eyes.

"It's going to be okay Niall, let's call him and see where he is ok?" I said, trying to be hopeful.

Niall took out his phone and messaged the boys that he was on the bus, and was going to try to call Zayn.

Niall went on Zayn's contact and hit call. The boys came on the bus and sat on the couch, without making a sound to see if Zayn would pick up.

"Hello?" Zayn sounded like he'd been crying.

The boys looked at one another, all thinking the same thing.

"Zayn lad, what are you mate? We've been looking for you." Niall said, hesitating a little.

Zayn didn't say a word. He was quiet for a bit, until Niall asked if he was okay.

"Mate, don't be mad and all but, I don't want to be a part of the band anymore. I'm just done." Zayn explained.

You could tell he was going to cry, just by the tone in his voice.

"What the hell Zayn! You can't just leave the fooking band like this! Not on tour! Not ever, okay lad?!" Louis screamed at Zayn.

He was upset. Especially since Zayn just.. left. Zayn just hung up the phone. I honestly wouldn't blame him. I took out my phone and dialed Zayn's number from Niall's phone.

"What are you doing?" Niall asked, clearly still hurt.

I didn't say anything. I wanted them to watch and learn. Mostly Louis, He needed to watch and learn. I called Zayn, and he answered, probably thinking I was a fan.

"Hello?"

"Zayn, this is Victoria, from tour. Niall gave me your number. Now, I'm going to talk, and you're going to listen. When I'm done, you can talk, and I'll listen. First of all, get your ass back over here. You can't just abandon your family. And second, you're on tour, they need you."

I paused, waiting for him to chime in... He began to cry. He was sobbing uncontrollably. I felt so bad for him.

"The boy's wouldn't understand if I told them what's going on."

"Give them a chance, they're family Zayn."

"I want to go solo. I just quit. I'm done."

Zayn hung up the phone, and I turned around to face the boys.

"There's really nothing we could've done. Zayn's a grown ass man who made his own choice. We have to respect that."

I explained to Paul and the boys. Paul was super pissed off. Everyone kind of just left him alone, knowing he'd snap, and take his anger out on everyone. Paul told everyone to go sleep, as we have another show tomorrow.

Since Zayn left, I was told that I needed to share a room with Harry. It was only 3 people per room. Cookie was staying with my dad, so I didn't really have a choice. I also didn't want to sleep in the same room with my dad. He snores so loud and it's so annoying.

At least Harry and I had separate beds. I got ready for bed, but I just sat on it, staring off into the distance.

"Doing alright love?" Harry asked from his bed.

I didn't say anything. I just ignored him.

I walked over to the bathroom, and closed the door.

"Going for a shower!" I called out from the bathroom.

"Ok!" Harry called back. I put on some tunes, and got in the shower.

🎶You light me up inside, like the 4th of July, Whenever you're around, I always seem to smile. And people ask me how, well you're the reason why I'm, dancing in the mirror, and singing in the shower. La da dee la da da la da daaaaaaaa
singing in the shower🎵

I got out, and wrapped a white towel around  myself from the racks. I turned off my music, and grabbed my pjs. Harry just stared at me the whole time. It was super awkward.

I came out of the bathroom wearing my pjs, and put my luggage on my bed. I pulled out a carton of cigarettes and a lighter, and went on the balcony which thank god, was there.

Harry came rushing over as soon as he heard the sound of my lighter flick.

"Victoria, what the hell are you doing?" Harry asked worried, as he was just standing there watching me smoke.

"Please Harry, don't tell anyone." I begged him.

"Victoria, those are really bad for you." Harry pleaded.

I put out my cigarette, and put my carton back in the bag. I dug around for my Vype ePen 3 (vape pen), and started blowing clouds in Harry's face.

"Is this better? princess?" I teased Harry and rolled my eyes at him.

Harry just stared at me. He looked quite disappointed.

I played a few games on my phone, mostly the dumb ones on snapchat.

"I'll be right back Victoria, stay here." Harry yelled before he left and closed the hotel room door.

I didn't even get a chance to ask where he was off to at 11:45 at night.

I decided to watch some TV, or whatever Harry was watching, so I could tell him what he missed. A half hour later, just as I was about to pass out on Harry's bed, I heard a knock at the door.

I got up slowly, and looked through the peephole. It was Harry and he was holding a plastic bag. He must've been grocery shopping, at 12 I guess. I opened the door and let him in

Harry was wearing sunglasses, with his hood on. He was probably avoiding the paparazzi.

"Forgot to bring my key, haha." Harry chuckled.

"Did you go grocery shopping at 12 in the morning?! We're supposed to be sleeping." I howled at him.

Harry dumped the plastic bag on the bed. There was a pack of minty gum, breath mints, fresh breath spray, and anything else minty he could hunt down.

"It's to cover up the smell of the cigarettes. Not that it bothers me, it's just so your father doesn't find out" Harry explained.

It was so sweet that Harry went out just to buy minty shit for me. I mean, yea it was weird that he cared, and went out of his way to do this.

I thanked him and gave him a hug. He grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him. We stared at each other for a long time. I could feel him breathing on me, we were that close. It was awkward as fuck.

I thought he was going to kiss me or something. Luckily his phone rang. He took his hands off my waist, and answered his phone. It was just a scammer telling him his computer had a virus.

I sat on his bed, and I told him about the funny show he'd just missed. We must've talked for a while. I was almost asleep when he said
"You sounded great in the shower" god, what a flirt.