Chapter 26 Long Way Down

"Paul's looking for you Harry! We're about to do a mic check, and he's on his way." Niall swiftly explained.

Harry jumped off my bunk, and ran to the washroom to hide. I pretended to have a conversation with Niall, as Paul came onto the bus.

"Where's Harry? We're about to do the rehearsal." Paul said, looking around.

"He's in the washroom. Did you guys already do the mic check?" I asked.

"Apparently the stadium already had it ready for us." Paul replied.

Harry walked out from the washroom, and made his way over to where Paul was.

"Sorry I was having a wee." Harry said, grinning from ear to ear as we both knew he wasn't.

"Just be on the stage in 3 minutes." Paul said, walking out.

Niall, Harry and I followed, Paul as he led us to the stage. I rushed over to where my dad was, as he was fixing the sound board.

"Hey dad."

"Hey."

"Where's Cookie?"

"James is watching him. I'm paying him to watch Cookie, at least until the performance is done."

"Isn't James your co worker? As in he's supposed to be working."

"There's nothing else that needs to be done. You and I are helping out with the rehearsal. The stadium had someone do the mic check before we even got here."

I looked up, and saw Paul signalling me to come over.

"Duty calls." I said, ditching my dad.

I went backstage to grab their mic's and hook it up. The boys put their own earpieces in, as I hooked up their mic's.

Louis and Liam were getting their makeup done, as their faces needed to be covered. Louis' stitches weren't supposed to come out for another week, so he'd just tell the fans that he fell or something."

"When I wave, you say something. I just need to make sure it's loud enough." I explained to the boys.

I ran over to the other side of the stadium, and rushed up to the highest row. I waved my arm, and Harry started to speak.

"2nd Mic check 1, 2, 3. Testing testing." Harry said, with a cheeky smile plastered on his face.

"Harry smells." Louis said, testing the mic.

"I do not, you little shit." Harry said as he continued to test the mic.

Louis and Harry were arguing about the dumbest things, while I pulled out my phone.

To Dad
Clearly the stadium did a shit job on the mic's. Needs to be louder

I looked up, and saw my dad read his phone. He gave me a thumbs up, as he played around with the controls.

I could hear Harry's voice getting louder, as my dad was turning the volume up.

After deciding the volume, I ran back over to the soundboard, and grabbed my headset.

"What song are we going for?" I asked.

"You pick the song. It's your birthday." Liam replied.

"What's the song where Harry grabs his dick during Niall's solo. Something like "You make me wanna sss" or something."

Liam, Louis and Niall burst out laughing, as Harry's face turned bright red.

"Better Than Words?" Niall asked, trying to catch his breath.

"I wouldn't know the name. I just know Harry grabs his trousers, while on his tiptoes." I said, chuckling.

It took a minute before the boys could stop laughing. Everyone stood still, waiting for one of them to sing.

Harry kept glancing and smiling at me. I wish he would just focus, because I didn't want my dad catching on.

🎶Better than words
More than a feeling
Crazy in love

Once again, Harry's eyes met with mine, and he quickly turned away when he noticed my dad was watching them perform.

Dancing on the ceiling
Every time we touch
I'm all shook up
You make me wanna
How deep is your love
God only knows, baby

Woo
I don't know how else to sum it up
'Cause words ain't good enough, ow
There's no way I can explain your love, no
I don't know how else to sum it up
'Cause words ain't good enough, ow
I can't explain your love, no
It's better than words
Better than words

Better than words
Drive ya crazy
Someone like you
Always be my baby

Best I ever had
Hips don't lie
You make me wanna (sss)
One more night
Irreplaceable (yeah), crazy (crazy)🎵

I couldn't help but laugh like a little kid.

Once the rehearsal was finished, I swiftly made my way over to where we would be selling the merch. As soon as I got there, I began to quickly organize shirts, bracelets, etc.

Within a half hour, my phone began to buzz.

From Dad
Doors are opening in about 15 minutes. Come backstage and get ready for the stadium to fill.

To Dad
omw