Chapter 4 Kiss You

We looked around and ended up choosing McDonalds. We only went because my dad recognized some of his co-workers. Great, now I get to eat with some old guys, who I've never met. My dad introduced me to David Fray, George Clarke and James O'Brien.

I really only knew David because he and dad used to be on the same team for "Old Blades hockey". It's really just hockey for dads. I knew David's son, only because we go to the same school.

We had 2 classes together which was music, and history. The music class is more like a club honestly. I'm only there because I heard about some mini tour where they perform at schools. I play the ukulele and guitar.

I didn't really know his son, I only knew him because his last name was Fray. I think his name is Noah, or Norm or something that starts with an "N".

"Woah! You've grown since the last time I saw you. You were only 16 when you came to watch your dad's game!" David said with pride.

Honestly, I wasn't ready for a "woah look how big you've gotten" speech or a "have you got a boyfriend yet?" speech. I just smiled and went along with it.

"Yea crazy right? I guess I've been really busy lately!" I said trying to be all nice. David just chuckled.

"George went to order another coffee and I think James went to the bathroom, who knows." David chuckled.

"That's alright, we just got here anyways. So, how's Nolan doing? Is he here too?"

That's what his name is! Gosh, it would've been so awkward if I forgot in front of David. I hoped that Nolan wouldn't be here.

We didn't really talk at all in school, except for when we had to. I'm just not a very social person. It's not like I had to inform any of my friends I was even leaving for 9 months. They probably wouldn't even notice I'd be gone because I'm so quiet.

"Yea, he's at a gift store I think. I can always call him and see what he's up to." He added.

"Is he excited? For the tour?" my dad asked.

"Nolan claims he isn't. He says he'd rather stay home because he doesn't like this band." David said. I began worrying because I didn't feel like watching an old band perform old songs on repeat 130 times.

"Oh, that's too bad. He'll come around.. Victoria doesn't know what band is performing yet. I'm keeping it a surprise." My dad chuckled as I stuffed my face with fries. James and George ended up coming back, and so did Nolan.

I awkwardly met him and everyone else socialized. I still didn't know who was performing. The intercom announced that our gate would be boarding soon, so we all walked together. I carried the kennel, while my dad dragged our carry-ons.

There weren't many seats together, so we ended up sitting separately, which made me relieved. I did not want to be seated next to Nolan or my dad's coworker. We all boarded the plane shortly after. I could not wait to relax for 10 hours. After we got settled in and whatnot, the plane began to take off.

"Can I interest you in some snacks?" the flight attendant asked. I woke up my dad and let him decide.

"I'll get some salted peanuts, a pepsi and a ham sandwich please".

"I'll get the same thing too please" I added. My dad swiped his credit card and thanked the kind lady. I was listening to music while eating my sandwich. The plane stopped in Calgary to pick up some more people, and now we were on our way to England. I couldn't wait.