Chapter 42 Happily

7:12 PM
My dad opened the door, and Harry and I followed behind him. Cookie was sleeping on the bed, so I carefully sat down beside him.
"Hi Cookie." I said in a babyish voice.
"I've missed you so much." Harry said, as he gently placed Cookie in his arms.
My dad turned on the TV in the living room, so he could watch the sports channel.
Time flew by, and Harry and I decided to take off.
"Alright, I should go, dad. If I cuddle with Cookie any longer, I might fall asleep." I teased.
My dad didn't answer, so I walked over to the couch while Cookie was sleeping in Harry's arms. My dad was sound asleep. I turned down the volume of the TV and grabbed a small blanket from the closet.
Harry gently tucked Cookie in, and we took off. Harry spoiled Cookie. We made it to our hotel room, and I assumed he expected me to start talking about what I had tried to explain earlier. Harry shut the door behind him, and I awkwardly stood in the hallway.
"So, you wanted to talk to me earlier?"
"Uh, yea."
"Alright, spill." He teased.
"Ok well, before I explain this to you, I need you to promise me something."
"What?"
"That you won't be mad. Not at Louis, not at Paul, not anyone."
"Wait, why would Paul be involved?"
"Harry, please."
"Alright. I promise."
I took a deep breath, before I could even start explaining.
"Paul knows."
"About us?"
"Yea."
"How?"
"Louis told him about it by accident."
"How the hell do you tell someone by accident?" Harry's tone changed.
"Harry, that's not everything." I hesitated, looking down at my feet.
"He told him we were sleeping together."
"But we're not!"
"It was an accident. I already cleared the air with both of them. You should too."
"What did Paul say about it?"
"That we only have until Sunday to figure it out. If we don't, Paul said he'd do something about it."
Harry ran his fingers through his hair, while walking around in circles.
"That's why Liam told you to pop the question.. I heard what he said."
"I just don't understand why Louis would say we're sleeping together when we're not."
"Paul found your bandana on my bed. He held it up and asked about it. I said I was only using it as a sleeping mask, but then he brought up how I wear your sweater. Louis told him to get a grip, and they argued for a while."
I waited for Harry to chime in, but he never did.
Suddenly, my phone started ringing. I assumed it was Niall calling asking if we were about to take off. I answered the phone, and held it up to my ear.
"Hello?"
"Hey Victoria."
"Hi Niall."
"We're leaving pretty soon, so you should get down here. Are you with Harry?"
"Yea."
"Did you tell him about-"
"I did."
"How did he react."
"I don't know."
"Is he okay?"
"I just told him, so I'm not sure."
"Ok well, come down soon."
"I will. Bye."
The line went dead, and I shoved my phone back in my pocket.
"Who was that?"
"Niall."
"Why didn't you tell me about this earlier?"
"Because you were in the hospital Harry! I didn't want to worry you. It literally happened a few hours ago."
Harry just stood there, not saying a word.
"Are you mad at Louis?"
"I don't know Victoria. He told Paul we were sleeping together, when we're not! I mean yea, we have a date, but sleeping together is totally different."
"Ok but, I cleared the air with them.I get it, Louis said something that wasn't true"
"I know. I just need time." Harry's face got red.
"Please don't wait forever."
I walked out of the room, as I felt this unsettling lump in my throat. I took the stairs, as I didn't want anyone to see me. I opened the door, and sat on the cold concrete. I buried my face in my eyes, and started sobbing.
Suddenly, my phone started going off. Niall tried to call me, but I declined the call. My face was red, and soaked with tears. My thoughts surrounded me.
I heard the door creak, and then footsteps. I quickly pulled out my phone and pretended like I was busy. I hid my face, and stared at the wall.
"Victoria?" I heard Niall's voice.
"Hey, what's wrong?" He said, sitting down beside me.
He wrapped his arm around me and tugged at my arm, so he could see my face. I turned to look at him and he pulled me into a hug. I cried even more, as he comforted me.
"Victoria, talk to me."
I took a deep death, and tried to calm down. I also didn't want to burst out in tears while trying to explain.
"After I told Harry, he said he needed time. I told him not to take forever. Niall, what if he cancels our date? Maybe my time spent with him means nothing."
"Victoria, don't think like that. If he said something like that to you, believe me I'd kick his fooking ass. Louis told Paul something that wasn't true. Harry probably needs time away from Louis."
"What if he doesn't? What if he needs time from me?" A tear fell down my face.
"That's just a what if. It'll be okay. I promise. I've seen the way he looks at you Vic. What you've got going on is real, and he could never just throw that out love."
"We're not even dating." I shook my head.
Niall hugged me again, and kissed my forehead.
"Do you want me to talk to him?"
"What if he gets mad that I talked to you about this?"
"Harry could never be mad at me for making sure you're alright. Like I said, that's just a what if. Do you want to get cleaned up in my room?"
"If it's okay."
"Of course it is." Niall stood up, and held out his hand as I was still sitting on the cold concrete.
I grabbed on, and he pulled me up. I followed Niall as he led me to his room. He showed me the bathroom, and closed the door as he walked out. I washed my face, and took some deep breaths.
I walked out from the bathroom, and saw Niall waiting on the couch.
"Do you wanna know the cure for overthinking, and being sad?" Niall asked with a smile on his face.
"Hm?"
"Laughing." He pulled out his phone and went to his photo album.
"Look through it. There's photos of the band, of us having fun."
I smiled and came across a video of them fooling around with nerf guns.
"This is why Harry can't be mad at Louis. They have too much of a history. We've been in this band for years, and they even dated."
I played the video, and watched.
"Haha your aim sucks!" Liam teased.
"Shut up, I've hit Zayn more times than you have!" Harry shouted.
Niall opened fire, and started laughing like a maniac. He shot Liam and Harry.
"You're out!" He shouted like a little kid.
Only Louis and Niall remained in their little battle.
"Come out you coward!" Niall demanded.
Louis came out from behind them, and started shooting at Niall.
"I'm not a coward! I won!" He shouted.
"Yea, but I've got more kills than you!" Niall argued.
"So? I've got a strategy." Louis shouted.
They were all having a great time and were laughing like idiots. It was heartwarming and wholesome. I smiled and scrolled until I came across a video of them fooling around again. They were all wrestling, while Louis was smoking on the couch.
"Louis come on!" Harry shouted, as he kept Liam in an arm bar.
Liam was screaming like a little girl, while Louis watched. Zayn was on top of Niall, who was again, laughing like a maniac.
Louis walked over after he put out his cigarette, and shouted "Flying Elbow!".
I gave Niall a hug, and he put away his phone. We walked out of his room, and headed to the lobby so we could leave.