2: Sanders School

*Logan POV*

The next morning, I'm called down to the living room.

"Logan, you have a letter," Mom says.

It's here. It wasn't a dream. This is real.

"From where? Or who?" I ask.

"Sanders School for Gifted Students," Dad says.

I guess they didn't put much effort into the name.

"I'm assuming it's an invitation," I say.

They both nod.

"It is a boarding school, but would you like to join?" Mom asks.

I nod.

"Yes, it sounds like a good fit. When should I expect to be leaving?" I ask.

"Tonight. Are you sure about this?" Mom asks.

I nod.

"Yes," I say, "I'll go pack my things,"

I take a deep breath as I walk up the stairs. This is real. While their introductory methods could use some work, I'm finally going to a good place. A place that will make sense of what I can do.

---

At around 3 PM, Thomas shows up at our door. I pretend not to know him.

"Hello, I am Johnathon Lee. I'm here to escort your son to the Academy," he says.

"You mean we're not taking him?" Dad asks.

"Not unless you want to spend the next several hours in a cramped car," he says.

"Alright. Have fun, we love you!" Mom says, hugging me.

"I love you too," I say.

Thomas leads me outside and to his car.

"So where exactly is this place?" I ask.

"Ohio," he says.

"But... we're in Florida," I say, "And why Ohio, of all places? Surely you could have picked a better location,"

"There's nothing in Ohio, which gives us a lot of space. And we're speeding things up a little. You'll learn about it in our school,"

I nod.

"I am looking forward to learning all of this," I say.

The pursuit of knowledge is likely the only thing keeping me from going insane when I'm stuck in my room.

---

We arrive in Ohio, at a building that looks like an average high school, only with three floors instead of the occasional two.

"We're here. I'll show you to the dorms and then the dining hall. Here's a map, and the WiFi password," Thomas says, handing me a sheet of paper.

"Thank you," I say.

I grab my bags and we walk inside. We go up to the third floor and Thomas leads me down the hallways. I notice how the floors up here are wooden, while the others are tile. 

"Here's your dorm. Number 15. And the key." he hands me a small silver key and leads me into the room.

"You have three roommates because we found more of you guys than expected. There's your bed, feel free to ask me about anything," Thomas says.

I nod.

"When are we having dinner?" I ask.

Thomas checks his watch.