38: Camping

"Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy," Virgil whines.

He's standing by the bus, one duffel bag full of clothes, bottled water, and a few granola bars. Not at all ready to face the wilderness.

"C'mon Virgie, it's gonna be fun!" Remus says, punching Virgil's shoulder playfully.

"Yeah, I'm sure hell will be too," Virgil grumbles.

"You're not going to hell, Virgie," Janus says.

"Thanks, but have you met me?" Virgil asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, and I think you're a vampire, therefore you can't die," Janus says.

"Unless I trip and get impaled by a wooden stick," Virgil points out.

"You're too careful for that. Now, let's get on the bus!" Remus jumps up and down excitedly.

He grabs his two friends and drags them onto the bus, Virgil, and Janus clinging to their bags.

"Why are you so excited?" Janus asks.

"Dead bodies, danger, rabid animals, you name it! The woods have it all!" Remus beams.

Virgil's eyes widen and he gives a 'well crap' smile. 

Once everyone has boarded the bus, about a total of forty-three students out of the roughly one thousand at the school. Needless to say, this was the one time Virgil wanted more people to come.

"The wheels on the bus go-'round and 'round, 'round and 'round, 'round and 'round!" someone sings loudly.

""The wheels on the bus go-'round and 'round, 'round and 'round, 'round and 'round!" Remus joins in.

"Shut it or we stop," the bus driver shouts.

Remus scowls. Then smiles. Virgil groans. Why must he be as annoying as possible?

---

When they arrive at the campsite, which was just a section of woods that they were allowed to go to, Remus and a few other students smile proudly.

"OOOOOOOOH!" Remus shouts.

"Please don't sing the Spongebob intro," Virgil says.

Remus just grins in response.

"I WAS A GIRL IN THE VILLAGE DOING ALRIGHT-" he shouts.

Virgil sighs.

"Even worse! Great!" he says.

Logan just blinks in confusion.

"THEN I BECAME A PRINCESS OVERNIGHT!"

"NOW I GOTTA FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO IT RIGHT! SO MUCH TO LEARN AND SEE!" 

Two other people in the crowd shout along with Remus.

"ALRIGHT KIDS! SPLIT UP INTO GROUPS OF FOUR!" one of the teachers shouts, interrupting the song, much to the dismay of them and the relief of Virgil.

Everyone quickly splits up, with one group of three. Logan ends up with Patton, Virgil, and Remus as they couldn't find Janus or Roman in the crowd. To be fair, Logan wasn't really trying to find Roman and without Janus, Remus has very few rules.

So they were all stuck together. For one whole week.

Meanwhile, Janus, Roman, and Victor were all together as well. This week would definitely be interesting, to say the least.

---

"Alright kiddos, we'll be checking up on ya once, and you have a radio in case someone gets injured or sick. Have fun!" the teacher walking the group to the campsite says.