20: Cuddles and a little fluff

*Logan POV*

I'm carrying Virgil into one of the empty dorms. He clings to the back of my neck, looking really pale in the dark.

"Are you sure you don't want to go back to one of our own?" I ask.

"Yeah. Janus and Remus hate you, and Roman and Patton hate me," Virgil says, "And the librarian started locking the doors in the morning so I can't get out,"

"You've been sleeping in the library?" I ask.

"Yeah, because- nevermind, it's not important," Virgil says.

I nod.

"I'll take your word for it," I say.

I set him down on one of the beds and go to another.

"Wait," he says, "C-can we cuddle? I'm still still still really cold," he says.

I nod and walk back over to him. He snuggles his head into my chest and I put my arm around him.

Virgil falls asleep after about five minutes, snoring softly on me. I should go to sleep as well, but I'm too nervous someone might take him.

Eventually, though, I do fall asleep.

*Remus POV*

I wake up in the night to creaking outside my dorm.

"Hello? Demons?" I whisper.

Demons are cool to meet. That's actually how Virgil and I got all Ouji boards and satanic summoning things banned.

I slide out of bed, looking at the clock. It's nearly two AM.

I quietly open my door, making sure that my keys are still on my shorts.

I make my way down the hall, where I heard the noise. I realize I'm literally just following a small noise, but hey, I'm awake and I'm going to make that everyone else's problem.

I look down the hallway and see one open door at the end. I approach it

I walk into the room to see two figures under the blankets. I smirk and decide to leave them be. I respect personal space.

But first I want to know who they are.

I tiptoe over to them but hear one start to stir. I try to be quieter as I see who they are. I suck in a breath when I see Virgil. Or rather, his bright purple bangs. He's ok!

I pull out my phone. Even though he's ok, this is still going in the blackmail folder. 

I can't quite make out the figure next to him, but for all I know it could just be a bunch of pillows. Virgil used to do this when he first came here and didn't trust me or Janus.

I walk back to my dorm and unlock the door, not bothering to be quiet. If they wanted that, they would have made the keys quieter to use.

"Hey Anus!" I say, walking in.

"Shut up and go to bed, it's four AM," Janus snaps, rolling over.

Good, he's awake. Saves me the trouble of making a bunch of noise until he wakes up.

"Virgie's in love," I say.

"I knew it! I knew it was-" Janus starts to say.

"I don't know who it is. Goodnight!" I say.

I flop down on my bed and ignore Janus for the rest of the night, just for fun. I still have no idea if he is actually in love, but it's fun to mess with people.

"OH MY GOD, why can't you speak to me?! Sometimes I like it when you talk," Janus says at nearly five AM.

"Kinky," I murmur, rolling over and going back to sleep.

Janus lets out a groan.

"I hate you," he says.

*Logan POV*

I wake up and look up at the clock. It's 7:30 AM. I look down to see Virgil still snuggled against me, clinging onto my tie.

I remember what happened last night, and looking back, a lot of adrenaline drove me. I'm still exhausted now, but I think it was worth it.

But do I love him? Or did I just not want to lose him?

I don't know, and that's the problem.

I slowly get out of bed, trying not to wake Virgil. But he does as I stand up.

"Lo?" he mumbles.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Where're you goin?" he asks.

"Back to my dorm. We have school soon, and I need to get changed," I say.

Virgil looks down at himself.

"Oh. Yeah, I probably should have been doing that," he says.

"You haven't?" I ask.

"No, I've been avoiding my dorm in case Janus or Remus are there," he says.

"I see. It'll be ok, but we both smell like the lake and need to get to class, I'm sure whatever you did they've forgiven you for," I say.

I have no idea if that is correct, but I don't want Virgil to be upset or scared to go to his own dorm.

"O-ok. See you later," he says, getting up and slipping out the door.

"Goodbye," I say.

I go back to my dorm, but the second I open the door I hear shouting.

"Where were you? You were gone ALL NIGHT!" Remy shouts.

Patton rushes over to me, hugging me tightly.

"Kiddo, I was so worried! Where were you? Are you ok? Why- why do your clothes smell like the lake?" he asks.

"I- I was walking near the lake, tripped, and fell in," I lie.

"But why were you gone? Did you sleep outside in the storm! I knew it! ROMAN, get the hot cocoa!" Patton shouts.

"Patton, that is not necessary. And we have class in a half-hour, please let go of me," I say.

He lets go and steps back from me.

"So what happened to you?" he asks.

"Nothing. I'm fine," I say, "I... got lost on the way back and just slept in one of the open dorms,"

Remy looks at me, lowering his sunglasses.

"Sure you did. But you've never gotten lost here before, and you've been here for almost two months," he says.

"And it was pitch black in the hallways," I defend.

Remy scoffs.

"Right. I got my eye on you," he says.

"No, you don't. It is extremely painful and difficult to take out your eye, much less put it on another person," I say.

"That's not what I mean, literal bitch," Remy says.

He leaves the room and I glare at the door as I get ready for the day. I sigh. I'd much rather be back in the quiet dorm, cuddled up with Virgil. It was so much more peaceful.

"Where's Roman?" I ask.

"Down at breakfast already," Patton says, "But what really happened? You can tell me," 

"I already told you," I say.

"Ok. I believe you," Patton says.

We walk down to breakfast, him not letting go of my hand.

ANALOGICAL HAS ARRIVED, all other ships back off! Don't know if it'll last or if this will be about their relationship or how everyone reacts to it, so we're all in for a surprise. Anyway, hope you enjoyed reading, feel free to leave any thoughts or feedback in the comments, and have a lovely day/night you magnificent peep!