17: The dance that sort of has an impact on the plot

*Logan POV*

As I am packing my stuff, my phone buzzes.

Hey honey! Are you coming home for Thanksgiving?

It's from my mom.

Yes, I am. I text.

Well, there is a hurricane coming, so it might be best if you stay there. 

I see. I'll FaceTime you then.

Sounds great! Stay safe, love you! ❤😘

I love you as well.

I sigh. I checked yesterday, there are no signs of a hurricane coming. They just don't want me home. I'm not extremely shocked, as last year the temperature in the house got very cold for no reason. I was blamed for it.

"Hey Lo!" Roman says, coming in, "Why're you unpacking?"

"My mom told me there is going to be a hurricane hitting our town," I say.

"Oh. Hope they're going to be ok," Roman says.

"They will be," I say, a little bitterly.

I have control over my ability now! I'm fixed! And I could show them if they just trusted me.

"Okayyyyy then," Roman says.

He walks over to his bed and throws a few more things in his suitcase before grabbing his outfit for the dance.

"Should I ask him to it?" he asks.

"Ask who?" I ask.

"A cute guy in the show. He's pretty nice and I've been flirting with him a bit," Roman says.

"I don't care, ask him if you think you should. Don't ask him if it's only for the dance," I say.

"I guess I should get to know him a little more first," Roman concedes.

He changes into his suit and sash when I'm in the bathroom and he gives me a strange look when I walk out.

"Is that what you're wearing to it?" he asks.

"Yes, why?" I ask.

"Oh my god, this is a dance! You need more than a nice tie," Roman says.

I sigh.

"No. But I'll let you do my hair," I say.

I don't own a suit and I do not want him to try and give me fashion advice. But Roman still beams.

"Great!" he says, "I am the master of all hair design!"

"I doubt you are a master," I say.

Roman smirks.

"We'll see," he says.

He grabs a comb, brush, and hair gel. I close my eyes and hope for the best.

---

"Ok, open them now," Roman says.

I open my eyes and see my hair. It's impressively styled and has more volume than how it does naturally.

"This is impressive," I say.

"Yeah, I've been practicing for years. Mostly on Remy and my old boyfriend," Roman says.

"Who is?" I ask.

"Nobody important," Roman says harshly.

"My apolo-" I start to say.

The door opens, interrupting me.

"Hi, kiddos! Are you ready?" Patton asks.

"Of course, Padre!" Roman says.