37: A future regret is made

*Logan POV*

Coming back to school is a great relief. The first thing I do is go down to the training rooms. I felt so restricted with my ability back home.

"Logan! Holy crap I missed you," Virgil says, tightly hugging me as I enter the room.

"I did too," I say. "How are you doing?"

"Pretty good. Remy woke up and is recovering," he says.

"That is good. How was your holiday?" I ask.

"Eh. A lot of social interaction. Aunt Carol asking if I had a girlfriend," he shrugs.

"I'm shocked my mom didn't ask the same," I admit.

"Ah yes, the closet is a fun place," Virgil jokes.

I nod.

"Can you let go of me?" I ask.

"Oh right- so how was your break?" he asks.

"Essentially the same as yours," I say.

He nods.

"Well, I want to get to practice. It's been too long," he says, grabbing my hand and leading me to the main area of the training room.

He seems to be full of energy, something I haven't seen in him before.

"Alright, I wanna do some... water! Water is pretty easy!" he says.

I nod. We walk over to the water fountains and I turn one on as Virgil forms a ball out of the water coming out. Then we switch, so we both have sizable orbs of water.

"Now what?" I ask.

"Hmm. Well, Jan and Re usually try to splash whoever comes in, but I doubt anyone wants to right after getting back. Want to try switching it to ice and back mid-air?" he suggests.

I shrug.

"Sure," I say, with no clue how hard this move will be.

I throw the orb in the air and try to keep it together and maintain my connection with it.

Both Virgil and I manage to freeze our water, but only I manage to un-freeze and get it down. He ends up getting splashed in the face with it.

"Well." he looks up at me, blinking a few times.

"Do you want a towel?" I ask, grinning a bit.

"No, I got this," he says, moving his hands so a thin stream of water starts to come off his clothes.

We continue practicing for a few hours, and I notice he's gotten quite better. 

"I'll go grab a battery from one of the flashlights. I wanna try something out," Virgil says.

I nod and he darts off. A few seconds later, another person enters the room. It's Patton. He smiles brightly when he sees me.

"Kiddo! Ro and I are heading off to dinner! I've missed you, it's been to long!" he says.

"Okay, give me a minute," I say.

I walk back to where Virgil is.

"Patton is requesting I go down to dinner," I say.

"Mk. See ya down there," Virgil says.

I nod and walk back to where Patton is waiting. He grabs my hand and races down the halls. We stop a few feet outside the cafeteria where Roman is waiting, looking at one of the many posters that cover the walls.

"What's that Roman?" Patton asks.

"Take a look," Roman says stepping aside. 

Patton and I take a good look at the paper.

CAMP CAMP
Join us on a camping trip in the woods of Ohio for a full week, from Jan 27th-Feb 2nd! Get off of classes and learn some survival skills! (Note: This will be hardcore camping, no snacks, electronics, or other luxury items allowed.) 
Permission slips below:

"Are you considering doing that?" I ask.

"Oh hell yeah. I need a break from this place already," Roman says.

"Well then, have fun putting up with us!" Janus says.

We turn to see Janus, Remus, and Virgil all standing together. Virgil and I exchange little smiles and eye contact. The others glare. 

"Tch, like any of you will be able to survive the week. How're you going to survive when you're too busy moping about your loss of makeup and social media stalking?" Roman says.

"And how will you fare without your hair gel and immense wardrobe?" Janus retorts.

I will admit Janus has a better vocabulary than Roman.

"Is that a challenge?" Roman asks.

"Fifty bucks," Janus says.

Remus leans over and whispers to Janus, then Virgil smacks Remus on the back of his head and whispers something else.

"Thirty-five bucks," Janus says in the same tone as before.

"Deal," Roman says, not skipping a beat.

We go our separate ways, which happen to be the same direction. The cafeteria. 

We quickly grab our dinner and sit down at our usual table.

"You really think we'll do better than them for a full week?" Patton asks worriedly, poking his food with his fork.

"Of course! We got the nerd, and he probably knows a whole bunch of this stuff," Roman says.

They both look over at me. I blink.

"I suppose I could do some research. But I only know very basic things, like how to start a fire and to never eat random berries," I say.

Survival skills were never something I thought that I'd need to know. I've always been more of a city person.

"Well, get to it then," Roman says.

"Yeah! We can go to the library together!" Patton beams.

"That's a wonderful idea, Patton," I say to spite Roman.

He just smiles as well.

"Shall we go after dinner?" he asks.

Patton nods.

"Sounds like a plan, my man!" he says.

*Virgil POV*

"I do not want to do this. We are all going to get food poisoning, mauled by bears, and die in that order," I say.

"Sounds festive," Remus says.

"Guys, I don't want to die," I say.

"We'll be fine. I doubt the school will let us die," Janus assures me.

"Still. What if we do? And none of us know how to survive in the woods. Are you crazy? This thing is for the Boy Scout kids!" I say in a quiet shout.

"Well I wasn't about to turn down competition," Janus says as though this is fine.

"I'm not coming," I insist.

"Come on, it'll be fun. And you'll get eleven bucks out of it," Remus says.

"If you two throw in a bar of chocolate then fine," I say.

They high-five.

"Alright! Let's get to dinner now," Janus says.

We all get into line to get our food, the two of them still discussing their excitement about our probable death. 

Ah school, the thing that kills all motivation! On a side note since I forgot to mention this- this fic will be completed before I start a Logan Angst one! You can see my writing plans on my profile if you care. I hope you enjoyed reading, feel free to leave any thoughts or feedback in the comments, and have a super day/night you magnificent peep!