Chapter 2: Worries Form

Their house, fortunately, was only five blocks away from the lacrosse field because Theo wasn't sure how much farther Liam could go. They walked into the door; Mason and Corey immediately started to get dinner ready as it was their night to cook. While Liam and Brett went to the showers first, Theo sat down with Nolan in the living room.

"Has Liam lost weight?" Theo looked at Nolan. Nolan and Liam were together more during the daytime than Liam and Theo were due to their free periods being at the same time. Theo and Mason were usually together, and Brett and Corey hung out.

Nolan was taken back by the question but then thought about it. He hasn't seen Liam eat lunch in a while, and he had noticed he had been pushing himself harder at practice and in the weight room. He thought of his outfit today, his jeans being held up by his belt, and a heavy jacket covering his body even though it was decently warm today.
"I think he has," Nolan replied, bluntly, worries starting to form in his mind.

"I thought something was off about him today, then I remembered when I woke up this morning my hand was on his back, and I could feel his spine. It threw me off," Theo stated.

"He probably doesn't even realize it," Nolan looked at the worried chimera. "He probably is just training too hard and not eating enough; I feel like he also forgets he's a werewolf sometimes and already needs more food than the average person."

"You're right; I'll just talk to him about it tonight."

Brett came down the stairs switching out Nolan for their shower. Theo was doing homework, not paying attention when Nolan came back down.

"Liam's not done yet?" Nolan asked them.

"I'll go check on him," Theo slammed his book shut, not realizing how long Liam has been in the shower.

"Li?" Theo knocked on the door to their bedroom. No response. Theo panicked and quickly flung open the door. Liam was fast asleep on their bed, completely dead to the world. He decided it was best to let him sleep and quickly shut the door. Theo went back down as Mason and Corey were yelling dinner was ready.

"Liam okay?" Nolan asked.

Theo chuckled, "he's asleep."

"Do you think you should wake him up for dinner?" Mason looked at him.

Theo pondered, "he can eat, when he gets up he looked exhausted. He must be sick or something."

"Theo, werewolves usually can't get sick," Brett questioned him.

"Well, why do you all think he passed out?" Theo was frustrated at them expecting him to know all the answers. He knew Liam was his, but he barely got a good morning out of him this morning, before he ran out the door.

The other boys remained silent, knowing not to piss off the chimera. They started eating, talking about classes, college drama, and how Scott, Malia, Stiles, Lydia, Parrish, and Derek were going to visit next week.

The boys had nothing left in Beacon Hills after the hunters came, the witches took out half of the town in a massive fire. Mason's mom moved out to San Francisco with his aunt. Corey's parents have talked to him since he started dating Mason in 11th grade. Brett only has Lori who is going to Rolle College in Virginia. Melissa, Argent, Peter, and Malia moved out to Berkley with Scott. Malia and Scott are now engaged. Surprisingly, Peter and Chris joined forces to sell weapons and chase down hunters and the supernatural. Derek and Stiles moved out to D.C. as they are now both employees for the FBI after the organization realized what advantage of having a werewolf on the team would be. Lydia and Parrish are currently living together in Massachusetts as Lydia gets her master's in biomedical engineering, and Parrish running the local police force. The only ones left in Beacon Hills are the Sheriff and Natalie Martin who are now happily married. Liam's mother didn't make it out of the fire, leaving the werewolf mentally scarred and ridden with guilt that he did not rescue her. Dr.Geyer left town over the grief of Jenna's death; he still talks to Liam now and then, but still, it's not the same. Theo was glad they left for college three months after her death to get him out of the town. Now as their fall break approaches, the pack decided to have a reunion since they haven't seen each other in three months.

Theo and Nolan cleaned the dishes since Liam was still sleeping. Theo sat at the table with Corey and Mason doing schoolwork, expecting Liam to eventually come down. As 10 PM approach, Theo closed his book.

"I'm going to check on him, goodnight," He said suddenly.

"Let us know if he's okay," Mason asked him, pointing at his phone, indicating to text him to not make a big deal in front of Liam.

Theo quietly opened the door, careful not to startle Liam. Liam was already awake, staring up at the ceiling.

"You okay?" Theo laid down on the bed beside him, pressing his body against the alpha's.

"Ya, just tired, sorry about tonight. After I woke, I just didn't have the energy to come down."

"Do you want anything to eat?" Theo asked his boyfriend.

"No, it's too late now; I'll be okay," Liam replied, way too eagerly in Theo's head.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Theo, you and I both know you are going to ask me it regardless if I say yes or not."

"The younger boy had a point," Theo thought to himself. "Have you been eating?"

Liam let out a laugh, "what kind of question is that? You know I'm always hungry. I eat like a pig."

"Just checking," Theo muttered, wrapping his hand around Liam's slimmer fingers.

"Liam never ate a lot in general; Nolan was right he does forget he needs more food than the average human. Why was Liam so quick to respond? He was almost defensive," Theo thought to himself.