Chapter 28: I'm Not Leaving

Melissa was already waiting for them at the door, "Argent warned me I was having two patients."

Nolan looked at her, "I'm fine; take Liam first."

"Nolan, you're not fine, but Liam is unconscious," Melissa looked sternly at him, "Brett keep your boyfriend still."

Brett nodded setting Nolan down on the couch. Melissa instructed Theo to put Liam on the table she had set up. Theo took away Liam's blanket.

Melissa gasped at his wounds; she began ripping the pieces of shrapnel out of his skin, clearing out the wounds. She stitched everything and placed burned cream on his back. Theo sat there with Brett and Nolan holding Liam's hand. Melissa hooked up an IV and another blood transfusion.

"His body can't take any more of this," Melissa looked at him, "he's dying; if he doesn't start eating tomorrow I'm admitting him. We don't have to worry about hunters anymore."

"He's not going to like that," Theo looked at her.

"Then, make sure he doesn't need it," Melissa threatened.

Brett looked at Theo, "guess we better listen."

"Ready Nolan?" Melissa looked at the boy almost unconscious.

He nodded as Brett helped him on his feet.

"Nolan!" Melissa scolded him, looking at the blood dripping down his chest, "you're still bleeding."

She started taking the shrapnel out of him, cleaning up his wounds, and then stitching them up. He had burns on his hands; she quickly took care of. She just finished when everyone else walked in.

"Anyone else needs bandages?' Melissa smiled at them.

Argent came over and kissed her, "I think we all need a break."

Mason and Corey sat down beside Brett and Nolan.

"How are you feeling, Nolan?" Corey asked.

"Better, a lot better," Nolan smiled, the anxiousness of Monroe was no longer looming over his shoulders.

Scott and Malia came and sat down beside Theo with Liam.

"You know Theo, I never really thought you would stay," Scott looked at him, "I figured after the war; you wouldn't come back, but know I know you aren't going to leave."

"That's something we can agree on McCall," Theo looked at him, "don't let Liam know that he'll never let me live it down."

Malia broke into laughter. Scott and Theo looked at her then down at Liam who was smiling.

"Liam!" Theo shouted.

"He's been awake since we sat down; we were just waiting for you two to realize," Malia smiled.

Liam sat up slowly, giving Malia a light fist bump.

"I'm not going to let you live that down," Liam looked at Theo leaning on him.

The puppy pack was behind him; Stiles, Derek, Parrish, and Lydia were smiling across the room. Melissa and Argent came over to check in on him.

"How you feeling?" Melissa asked him, checking his vitals.

"Good," Liam told her.

"Liam," Melissa glared.

"Actually, I'm good right now," he smiled at her.

Suddenly, the front door swung open. Theo, Scott, Malia, and Derek flicked their claws. Argent and Parrish pulled out their guns and pointed towards the door.
"Woah," Peter walked in, carrying dinner for the pack. Claws were retracted; guns lowered. "You had no clue I wasn't here, did you?"

"Nope," Malia said to her father bluntly.

"This is what I get for doing something nice," Peter sighed.

Everyone sat down to eat.

"So, we have a week left of our stay; have anything fun around here?" Scott asked the puppy pack.

"I think we can come up with something," Mason nodded, excited to take back his role.

Liam picked around his food and sighed. He then took an actual bite.

Theo made eye contact with Mason shocked. Liam finished half of his food which was the most he had eaten since everything started.

Melissa smiled at him.

Liam gave Theo a look and grabbed his hand pulling him upstairs as everyone else was cleaning up.

Theo rubbed Liam's back as he threw up, "it's okay, Li."

Liam eventually stopped and fell into Theo's arms.

"Hey, you tried," Theo looked at him, "it's going to take time, but I'll be with you every step."

"Thanks, Theo. I know you will be."