Chapter 13: The Diagnosis

Argent and Peter took Liam, Theo, and Mason to the hospital. Nolan, Brett, and Corey stayed at the house to get Nolan to calm down and stay together in case hunters showed up. They rushed into the emergency room. The admitting nurse took one look at him and instantly had him put in the room.

She went out and asked them to fill out the paperwork for him since he was unconscious.

"Knife wound, burning, blood loss," Argent wrote on the injuries list.

Theo was so nervous sitting between Mason and Argent. Mason looked at him, "it's Liam; you and I both know he's one of the strongest people we know."

"I know," Theo said tapping his foot and wringing his hands.
"You know, worrying about him, isn't going to make anything better," Peter looked over at him.

Theo flashed his fangs, and Peter leaned back in his seat.

Chris went and called Melissa about the whole ordeal. Mason was keeping the rest of the puppy pack update when Theo felt his phone ring.

"Scott?" Theo answered.

"What happened?" Scott answered the phone.

Theo sighed; Argent must have informed him. Theo told him what had happened.

"Thanks, Theo, keep me updated," Scott said with concern. Scott was scared for Liam's sake; he knew how much pressure he put on himself.

Theo hung up the phone, hands shaking still, now the entire pack knew.

About an hour and a half later, a doctor came back out., "so we cleaned out and stitched the wound shut. We provided burn cream, anti-inflammatories, and steroids. His body went into shock from the burn and blood loss. He is currently having a blood transfusion. He should be okay; we almost lost him," the doctor told the group. "Who is in charge of him?" she asked them.

"Uh, all of us really," Argent said out loud, "his parents are deceased or not in the picture anymore. He's eighteen."

"I need to have a word with one of you or if all of you are comfortable," she looked at them.

Argent looked at Theo, deciding it should be up to him, "all of us," Theo muttered.

"Has Mr. Dunbar been eating? He is showing malnutrition.

Theo looked down at the ground, not wanting to hear the words coming out of the doctor's mouth. He could hear Mason shift in his seat. Peter didn't respond; Argent eventually took a breath.

"He hasn't there was a death in the family; he hasn't eaten right since then" Chris spoke out.

"Does he have any history of anorexia? He showing signs of it as well as purging."

Mason knew he had no other choice, "Yes, he was treated once."

Theo looked over at him, shocked. Then thought about the period he lived in the Dunbar household. Liam would try to head out with breakfast. Jenna would calm him back and handed him a protein bar. He would try to go with it. "Liam, you have time to sit down and eat it," she looked at him, sternly. Liam would pick around his food at dinner. Dr.Geyer and her would call him out, "Liam you have to eat more, you aren't only a teenage boy, but a werewolf." Liam would disappear at lunch in high school, usually getting drugged back in by Mason. It all clicked.

"I recommend you seek further treatment for him after he recovers from his injury. I would encourage you to admit him now, but I also know injuries can be stressful for someone. He doesn't have much time to waste however, his BMI is already very low. That can lead to plenty of other health issues and of course, I hate to say this but could lead to death.