Chapter 36: A Fresh Start

TW: eating disorders, self-harm

Everyone was waiting in the living room for Liam to come home. Theo carried him in sitting him down beside Mason and Corey. Mason hugged his best friend; Corey grabbed his hand. Lydia and Parrish smiled at him.

"You scared us, Liam," Stiles smiled at him.

"You scared Stiles; I knew you would be fine," Derek looked at him.

"Good to see you awake kid," Peter smirked at him.

Malia hugged him from behind.

Argent and Melissa were happy to see him home.

Theo noticed Brett and Nolan were nowhere to be seen.

"Where's Brett and Nolan?" Theo asked.

"Upstairs; they had a rough night. They will be down soon," Melissa assured him.

Liam looked panickily up the stairs worried about Nolan.

"He's okay Liam," Mason told him.

After they got home last night, Nolan got ahold of his blade and cut a little too much. Brett walked in on him just in time to stop him, before there was no stopping the bleeding. Melissa stitched him up, but he was still upset. He was under the constant watch of Brett for a while, but hopefully, the experience scared him enough. However, his secret wasn't unknown to Mason, Corey, Scott, or Malia now, but that was okay. He was ready for their support.

Nolan and Brett walked down the stairs, "Liam!" Nolan shouted.

"Hey, Nolan, hey, Brett," Liam accepted their hugs from behind him.

They sat down on the floor in front of them.

"So, Marvel movie marathon?" Scott asked Liam.

"I'm assuming I'm not supposed to really move."

Theo nodded, "doctor's orders."

"Sounds like a plan to me."

Lunch came around way too fast for Liam's likings: Melissa gave him a plate of a small sandwich, an apple, and some crackers. Liam watched as everyone else ate; their eyes gazed upon him waiting for him to eat. He was frustrated with everyone watching him, but of course, he did die yesterday from not eating. He understood, but still, it was hard.

Theo gripped his thigh, "Li, you have to you know that."

Liam knew there was no one way he was getting out of this it was either food or supplement, and no one was going to let him go to the restroom alone. He stared at the food and gave up, fight back his claws and tears. He wasn't even sure if he was angry, frustrated, or upset at himself at this point.

"You don't want to try?" Melissa looked at him, "you know your other option."

Liam stared her down and finally shook his head, pushing his plate towards her.

"Okay," Melissa said, setting up his feeding tube.

Liam wanted to fight back, but he couldn't do that to the pack, no matter how hard he wanted to. He clenched his fists so hard, blood formed from the crescent shapes in his palms. Theo managed to unlock them as Melissa finished setting it up. Liam leaned his head on Theo through the whole procedure.

Mason put his hand on Liam's shoulder, "it's going to get easier." Liam nodded, avoiding Mason's eyes.

"Let's go outside," Liam looked at Theo an hour later.

"Liam, you are supposed to be on bed rest," Theo glared at him.

"Can we please go on a drive?" Liam begged.