Chapter 14: Rough Day

TW: eating disorders, self-harm

Theo woke up to a nurse entering the room; he hasn't slept so soundly in a long time.

"Mr. Raeken?" the nurse asked him.

"Yes, sorry I just woke up," he looked at the nurse.

"I'm surprised you managed to both sleep on one of these beds," they laughed at the chimera.

"Me too," Theo rolled his eyes as Liam sprung awake from their voices.

Theo pushed him down before he panickily pulled out his IV, "Little Wolf, it's me."

"Sorry, I forgot where I was for a moment," Liam looked at his boyfriend.

The nurse laughed, " just here to check your vitals before you are released. Your friends are here to pick you up." The nurse started to look at his heart monitor as well as his blood pressure and temperature. "Geez, your heart rate is so low. Other than that, you look overall okay to be released. A doctor would like to speak to Liam privately if you wouldn't mind waiting out in the waiting room. There are two young men ready to take you guys home."

Theo walked out to Mason and Corey standing there. "How is he?" Mason asked him.

"Alive," Theo replied.

A doctor walked into Liam's room, "Hi, my name is Dr.Viken, I am a partner of Dr.Hant, your doctor last night, I looked over your file from last night. I have a few questions for you."
Liam nodded.

"Are you safe in your living space?"

Liam smiled, "of course."

"Are you harming yourself?"

Liam looked down and nodded, knowing they saw the marks on his stomach and arm.

"Would you be interested in getting into a counseling program?"

Liam shook his head no.

"We have on your history that you went through eating disorder treatment before, are you acting on these behaviors currently?"

Liam knew he couldn't lie, "yes."

"Liam, we are not indicating forced hospitalization right know, but we recommend you seek treatment," he explained Liam's current health condition.

Liam sighed, "no, I am not interested right now."

The doctor nodded his head, "if you face readmittance for complications involving this forced hospitalization may be used."

"I understand."

"Thank you, you are now free for release," he smiled at him. While the nurse handed him, the release papers. They unplugged the heart monitor as well as took out his IV. They helped Liam up, watching Liam's head spin as he stood up.

"You sure you are okay?" they asked Liam.

Liam nodded his head as they walked out to Theo, Mason, and Corey. They smiled as they saw him head towards him. The nurse handed Theo the release papers, indicating a recommendation for further treatment.

Theo took him into his arm and led him out towards Mason's car.

"When is everyone coming?" Liam asked them, knowing it was Sunday.

"I think tomorrow morning," Mason replied. "They rented out the house next to us for the next two weeks, apparently there were no renters during this period, so the landlord let them rent it out for the time period."
"Good," Theo told him. "We barely had enough room for Peter and Argent."