Chapter 33: Hearts Stop

TW: eating disorders, self-harm

"Theo, Liam!" Brett was pounding on the door.

Theo sprung up; Liam following slower, "what?" Theo answered the door.

"We need to leave in a half-hour; what are you two doing?" Brett looked at them, noticing the black circles under both of their eyes.

"Rough Night," Theo told him slamming the door in his face. Theo threw on jeans, a t-shirt, and a jacket. Liam put on a lacrosse hoodie and sweatpants. They headed downstairs; Liam leaning on Theo the whole way.

"Coffee?" Mason handed them both a cup. Corey had breakfast sandwiches for them. Nolan was sitting at the table staring at an untouched sandwich and coffee.

"Great," Theo thought to himself, "Liam was no way going to eat now." He was right; Liam didn't even look at the food while Theo ate.

As 9:30 approached, Mason looked at them, "I'll drive."

"I always drive," Theo growled at him.

"And I don't want to die when you fall asleep at the wheel," Mason replied, "I don't know what happened with you two last night, but you both look awful."

"Thanks, Mason," Theo eye-rolled, saying no more for Liam's sake.

They were used to cramming all six of them in one car; the puppy pack did it all the time. Liam and Nolan were placed in the middle being the smallest of course. Liam noticed Nolan was holding his arm weirdly and noticed blood on the edge of his sleeve. He put the pieces together. Nolan yesterday, saying he knew what he was going through. Liam ran through his thoughts he hasn't seen Nolan in a short-sleeved shirt in at least a month. Liam was kicking himself internally; he had been too caught up in his own self to even notice. He needed to be stronger for his pack.

They pulled into the school; Liam almost fell as he got out of the car, weak, exhausted.

Theo caught him, but Liam tried to push him away, "I just tripped sorry." Theo glared at him but let him go.

Liam pulled Nolan aside before going in, "I'm sorry."

"What are you talking about?" Nolan looked at him confused.

Liam pointed to his sleeve.

"You realized," Nolan pulled up his sleeve, showing perfectly straight cuts.

"That's why you knew what I am going through."

"We all have our coping mechanism, Liam."

"I should have been there for you," Liam looked at his friend, "talk to me when things get bad."

"Thanks, Liam, but it's not your fault," Nolan looked at him, "you are doing your best."

Liam assumed Nolan was just being nice to him.

"C'mon Liam, let's go catch up," Nolan pulled the alpha's arm.

They walked into the president's office and took a seat. The man walked in.

"First off, I want to say I'm sorry for everything you guys have been through this past week."

"Thank you, sir, but to be honest; we have been through stuff like this plenty of times before," Mason spoke to them.

"I am aware, unfortunately; I know about what happened in Beacon Hills. As well as some of your past, he said looking at Theo, Liam, and Brett, "I wanted to let you know; we are here for anything you need. We let all your professors know. Dr.Ryan will be replaced; we will be holding a proper memorial service for Luke and Coach. We have counseling services if you would like to talk to someone about it. We understand this is hard for all of you, and we hope you continue the rest of your education here with us."