Chapter 19: Running out of Time

Parrish, Lydia, Peter, Corey, and Mason were first back; they ran inside to an empty house, both houses. Lydia called Melissa to see where she was.

"Lydia?" Theo picked up.

"Theo, why are you with Melissa?"

Melissa spoke over from the front seat, "we have an emergency; I'm driving back right now. I need room to work, get the living room prepared."

"Who, what?' Lydia said in the phone, realizing it was Theo who picked up, "Liam."

"Unfortunately," Theo told her, "he isn't healing."

"See you in a few," Lydia hung up the phone, "Liam's been injured again; we need to get this place ready for Melissa.

Parrish threw a blanket over the coffee table for Melissa to work on Liam on while Mason and Corey cleaned the path.

"You think he's going to be alright, right," Corey looked at Mason.

"It's Liam of course he will be," Mason assured him.

"Oh, Liam," Lydia looked at Parrish.

"He's a tough kid," Parrish stared at her.

Scott, Malia, Brett, and Nolan entered the house next.

"Mom called Argent and said Liam was shot again; have you guys heard anything?" Scott asked them in a panic.

"Your mom told us to get this area ready for her to work," Mason looked at him.

Scott nodded, hands pulling at his hair.

Malia wrapped her arms around him, "hey, it will be okay."

Melissa, Theo, and Liam pulled in soon; Theo carried Liam's lifeless body inside, the bullet wound wrapped in his sweatshirt.

Melissa ripped his shirt off of him as she started to clean the wound; everyone was shocked with Liam exposed ribs and sunken stomach.
"Theo, I need you to hold on to him as I put an IV in his arm, Melissa looked at him as soon as she stitched the wound.

"There's no wolfsbane in that?" Peter asked her.

Melissa shook her head as Brett and Peter were taking away some of Liam's pain. Melissa started a blood transfusion and was watching a heart meter watching his heart beating slowly.

"He should be fine when he wakes up," she told them. Argent, Derek, and Stiles walked in.

"Is he okay?" Stiles asked rushing to Liam's side.

"He'll be okay," Melissa nodded at the boy.

Derek and Stiles were staring at his protruding ribs in shock; they were used to Liam's muscular build.

Stiles sat everyone down and told them what the hunter had admitted to them.

"Deliberate attack against us," Nolan looked at the ground. Brett pulled him in close to calm him down.

Theo stood up angry.

"Woah, Raeken, you can't take them without a plan and a team," Derek got him to sit down.

Melissa looked at Liam; they covered him in a pile of blankets, but he was still shaking.

"I gave him until Friday to start eating, but I don't know if he can wait that long."

"He's not going to stop until they are done killing," Mason looked at them.

Theo and Corey nodded in agreement.