Chapter 9: Losing Control

TW: eating disorders, panic attacks

Mason and Liam were already going to be late, so Mason just drove them and dropped Liam off at anatomy lab, where Nolan and Theo were waiting.

Nolan looked at Theo who was still upset about this morning; the chimera thought about it in the car and stopped being mad at his boyfriend. He was now just terrified in the state he was in; he knew it was the eating disorder talking. All he could think about was finding Liam, hand down his throat, shaking, bloodshot eyes, thin wrists, and ribs protruding in his oversized sweatshirt.

"Hey, Theo, he'll come around," Nolan looked at him.

"I hope you are right," Theo responded to his old enemy. "You didn't see him Nolan; he looked attached like throwing up was all he could do."

"It's an addiction, feeling empty."

"I'm scared, Nolan."

"Me too."

The professor started lecturing about the hand bones as Liam finally walked in.

"Mr. Dunbar, better late than never," he looked at the boy, walking in. The professor noticed the bloodshot eyes too late, but then just watched him sit down beside Theo. The professor finished speaking then sent the groups to complete the packet for the day.

"Theo, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that; I know you were just caring for me," Liam blurted out.

"I know Little Wolf; you are worrying me."

"You're not mad?"

"Not anymore, I might have punched a few trees over," Theo smirked at him.

Liam smiled, "I love you."

After anatomy lab was lunch, Mason, Corey, and Brett met them in the cafeteria. They all got food and sat down. Mason smiled at Liam as he leaned on Theo. Liam stared at his sandwich as everyone else dug in.

"Liam, you've got to try," Theo looked at him. Liam knew Theo was right and hastily ripped a piece off and put it in his mouth. He chewed it 45 times not looking up until he was done. He tried a second bite but couldn't do it anymore.

Theo gave him a slight smile, "thanks."

After lunch the pack went to their different classes, leaving Liam alone to go to exercise science lab by himself. As soon as they were out of sight, he ran into the restroom, shutting the door behind him. He stuck his two fingers down his throat, feeling the two bites come out of his stomach. He said on the ground for a little bit exhausted and shaking. He got up black spots filled his vision, but he ignored them as someone else walked into the restroom.

"Okay Dunbar?" a kid from the lacrosse team asked him.

Liam looked at his disheveled appearance in the mirror, "just not feeling great."

"You haven't seemed to be feeling alright a lot lately."

"I....I'm fine."

"Whatever Liam, if you need someone to talk to let me know."

"Thanks," Liam muttered as he went off to class. Liam sat beside Luke. His teammate gave him a questioning glance but decided not to say anything more to upset the werewolf. They were doing an oxygen level test in lab. Liam got on the treadmill first, his head instantly went fuzzy when he started running, but he kept going. Dr.Ryan was watching his extremely low heart rate with worry: 38 was not normal for an eighteen-year-old male much less a werewolf. He was more concerned when Liam's oxygen saturation was low at 89. Liam stumbled off the treadmill and almost passed out but caught himself on the edge of the table. The other groups were still going, so he sat down with Liam as Luke got on the treadmill.