Chapter 11: Everyone can Change

TW: eating disorders

Theo rolled his eyes, "what the hell are you doing here?"

Peter looked at the chimera as Chris got out of the passenger seat, "we heard you had a hunter problem. Argent-Hale Security Firm at your service," he stuck out his hand to Theo who quickly smacked it away.

"Oh, Raeken, we are too much alike."

"I still can't believe you work with him," Brett looked at Chris.

"I question my decision every morning," Argent glared at Peter.

"You know you love me."

"Don't think love is the right word."

Chris looked at Theo, "we saw the death online, and Scott told me about what happened yesterday. We got a plane ticket and came over right away."

"Ah rental car," Mason walked out once he realized who it was.

"No, Mason I managed to drive here in less than a day from California," Peter replied. "Aren't you the smart one?"

Chris punched him in the shoulder.

"For an old man..." Peter stopped as he saw Argent's stare.

"Where's Liam?" Argent asked as he saw Corey and Nolan at the door.

"Upstairs, he'll be down in a few; we were about to have dinner. I'm assuming you two are joining us; we have enough," Brett replied.

"See, Brett's a good host; you should take lessons, chimera," Peter looked at Theo.

"You sure you don't want to experience Hell; it seems fitting for you," Theo flicked a claw.

Peter gave up and followed everyone inside; Liam came down the stairs from hearing their voices.

"Argent? Peter?" Liam looked at them with a questioning glance.

Argent and Peter were both taken aback from Liam's emancipated appearance.

"We came to help you with your hunter problem, kid," Argent looked at him, patting him on the back. The man wincing at the feeling of his spine.

"You okay, little one?" Peter looked at him.

Liam glared at the man, "I'm fine as if you care."

"I just noticed you're a little skeletal looking, Halloween coming up?"

"Peter," Chris looked at him. Peter instantly shut up.

Theo looked at Argent, grateful for the man, taking Liam in his left arm to the table.

Nolan and Brett served out stir fry for everyone; everyone began to enjoy the meal. Argent kept on asking questions about what they knew about the hunters, then just how school was going. Liam didn't even pick up his fork, just stared at the pile of food on his plate. The boys knew but chose to ignore it with Peter was watching the alpha, intently.

Theo finally turned to Liam, "please." Liam's stomach was aching for food, especially upset from throwing up earlier. He placed his hand on his fork, watching the piece of silverware waiver in the air as he lowered it towards his plate. He got a forkful and placed it in his mouth, chewing it 45 times. Then, repeated it once again; he put his fork down after the second bite. At this point everyone else was done eating, Liam stood up and threw the rest of his food away. Liam went to go upstairs, but Nolan ended up dragging into doing psychology homework with him, preventing him from throwing up.

Theo started cleaning the dishes with Argent.

"What's going on with him?" Chris looked at the chimera.